Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Will PA ever change? >

Will PA ever change?

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Will PA ever change?

Old 11-06-2016, 05:33 AM
Boone & Crockett

Barnes - PA did give modern muzzleloader shooter their own season in October. And your statement about the traditional ML shooters hating in-line shooters is false. Maybe there is a small group that are like that but not the majority. I have both in-lines and sidelocks. Yeah , I would love to use one of my percussion sidelocks during the late season but it is not permitted. I like shooting all type of MLs but I don't mind being limited by season restrictions. So I use the caplocks in the early ML season or during regular rifle season. So doing what I want while still following the rules.

Last edited by bronko22000; 11-06-2016 at 05:37 AM.
Old 11-06-2016, 07:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bronko22000
....... And your statement about the traditional ML shooters hating in-line shooters is false. Maybe there is a small group that are like that but not the majority.........
I have to beg to differ. True traditionalists can't stand in-line rifles. They want no part of modern in-line shooting or hunting and you'll find them saying, "Nothing primitive or muzzleloader about them. May as well be shooting a centerfire!"

Now I will say this, myself like you, own and shoot both. My latest little pet is a .36 Seneca I picked up this summer. However, when it comes to the true traditionalist vs in-line shooters, we're (you and I) are in the minority. See, you and I, along with a few other dedicated muzzleloader shooters, have put our prejudices for one or the other aside. Its extremely hard for the traditional, rather the flint shooter, to ever put his/her prejudices aside.

I'm pretty confident about this. So much so, that I believe it can actually proved next spring or summer. Join me where a huge number of traditionalists and flint shooters gather in the spring and fall. Lets ask the question....
Old 11-06-2016, 07:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Gotta agree with Barnes on this one Clem. Back in the dark ages when I was really serious about MLers (pre inline popularity) the flintlock folks would begrudge those of us using cappers! Now, if they were prejudiced enough to begrudge a side lock percussion, how do you think they feel about inlines?
Old 11-06-2016, 08:01 AM
Boone & Crockett

OK - I see your point. I feel to that today's modern in-line MLs aren't much less than a single shot centerfire rifle. The accuracy and range of them was unimaginable 25 or so years ago.
While I have no grudge against anyone using them, there is something to be said about using a flintlock and a PRB and having to "get in close" (closer than a modern scoped in-line) that provides an additional challenge.