Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 H&R SIDEKICK with shockwave bonded >

H&R SIDEKICK with shockwave bonded

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

H&R SIDEKICK with shockwave bonded

Old 10-21-2005, 05:52 PM

Default H&R SIDEKICK with shockwave bonded

I bought a sidekick a month ago and ordered some of the new TC Shockwave bonded bullets 50. cal 250 g. they look like the regular yellow tip shockwaves but have blue tips, and are bonded, which allows expansion at low velocities while retaining weight at high velocities. They must be popular to try out because they were on back order for over a month thru Bass Pro, I shot seven rounds today with 100 grains of Triple 7. I cannot complain on the performance at all. The grouping was in a four inch diameter at 100 yds. The only thing I can complain about is my shoulder, I read on here about people wanting to add another pellet totaling 150 grains I think the 100 grains is perfect, even though the Sidekick has a magnum barrel that can shoot 150 grains. Anyways anyone that is looking for a gun and a bullet that are perfect I would recondmend the Sidekick and the Shockwave bullets...Also a BIG thanks to Cayugad to all the tips, especially cleaning between shots and just good ole trial and error info...thanks this is my first muzzleloader and Im hooked.
Old 10-21-2005, 07:45 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: H&R SIDEKICK with shockwave bonded

Magnum loads are no fun. I have no desire to shoot them big charges. 120 grains is about all I ever shoot and that is rare. 100 grains is much more to my liking. I've seen the bonded Shockwaves but never shot them. Keep us posted how they shoot and perform on game animals. My understanding is they are supposed to hold together longer in the animal and get deeper penetration. It should be interesting.

How do you like the trigger on that Sidekick? Is it as smooth and crisp as others have claimed? Also when I looked at one in a store, it had the brightest fiber optic sights on it I had ever saw. I really liked the balance of it too... Glad it is working out so well for you.