Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Finally got to the range with my T/C Omega! >

Finally got to the range with my T/C Omega!

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Finally got to the range with my T/C Omega!

Old 08-22-2005, 07:17 PM
Spike

Default Finally got to the range with my T/C Omega!

I am brand new to M/L, and finally got to the range today with my new T/C Omega, SST/Syn. Shooting with open sites from the bench, at 50 yds. I was able to group in the 2" range with a few fliers, but nothing outside of 4" total. At 100 yds. my groups were pretty much in the 3" range with nothing outside of 6". I was VERY pleased to say the least. The only load I shot was 85gr of T7 with a 250 gr. shockwave, using the new Remington primers. I experimented by not swabbing for up to 3 shots to see if loading became difficult, etc. I did feel the effects of a crud ring, but the third shot was still not difficult to load... accuracy did not seem to be affected. For the most part I did swab between each shot, and loading was easy. I didn't play with any other loads today because grouping seemed pretty good, and I concentrated on tweaking my open sites to improve windage and elevation. I plan on getting back to the range later in the week after I get the Black Mag 3 I have on order.

I know this info might not be too helpfulfor all the veterans on here, but for any other "newbies" I would highly recommend the T/C Omega! Easy to load and shoot, accurate, and easy to clean...

I'm going to scope this rifle soon, and will be posting under another topic to get some advice along those lines...
Old 08-22-2005, 07:45 PM

Default RE: Finally got to the range with my T/C Omega!

I am in pretty well the same boat; hope to burn my first powder this weekend. I hope I can duplicate your early success!! By the way, withbirthday coming up have been dropping hints re the same scope. The local mail order company has 2 listed, but one is 3x9, 40mm, 4"eye relief ("Black Powder Scope") and a 3x9,40mm, 6" eye relief (for shotguns and traditional levers).
Old 08-22-2005, 08:10 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Finally got to the range with my T/C Omega!

ORIGINAL: randyh

I am in pretty well the same boat; hope to burn my first powder this weekend. I hope I can duplicate your early success!! By the way, withbirthday coming up have been dropping hints re the same scope. The local mail order company has 2 listed, but one is 3x9, 40mm, 4"eye relief ("Black Powder Scope") and a 3x9,40mm, 6" eye relief (for shotguns and traditional levers).
The 4" eye relief scope would be nice. I had a 6" and sent it back. Just too much eye relief it seemed. Bushnell makes a nice 3-9x40 with 4" and they are on sale right now. Sure wish I had not seen that Nikon Pro Staff today...