Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 tell me the difference....... >

tell me the difference.......

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

tell me the difference.......

Old 05-14-2005, 08:30 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: tell me the difference.......

Great trucks, the wardens would have a hay day with me if I owned one of those here in IL you should'nt of showed them here I have a feeling your going to get some negative respone for some narrow minded people (manboy)

But realy those trucks arre neat. Do you do the work to them?
Old 05-14-2005, 08:46 PM

I have a feeling your going to get some negative respone for some narrow minded people (manboy)
Thats alright, people like manboy arent even worth listening to. Besides I'm not embarrased by my methods of hunting, I dont think anybody should be as long as it is within the law.

But realy those trucks are neat. Do you do the work to them?
Thanks, I wish I owned an entire fleet of them No I dont do any of the work, I'm not much of a welder and I would probably shock myself if I touched any of the electric wires. But there are alot of shops across Texas that will custom build one for you. The sky is the limit when it comes to designs and layouts, I've seen some that have even made me laugh at the "creativity" of the owners. The only down side is the cost, they range anywhere from $500-$20,000+ and thats on top of the price of the truck that your using.
Old 05-14-2005, 09:59 PM

wow what ethics...txhighrack...
Old 05-14-2005, 11:01 PM
Fork Horn

man are those ugly trucks.....especially the chevys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

here in wyoming, wed get laughed off the road or out of hunting camp, but hunting down there is a lot different. i just cant believe that a deer would stand within range of one of those things. just seems like they would be so obvious to me

brad
Old 05-15-2005, 11:08 AM

Well I can see were the name TXhighrack came from. I don't see any differance between your stand and a treestand, except the driving. Quieter than an ATV also. I'm sure We'll here from treestand people, although I respect them becouse I just can't sit that long.
Old 05-15-2005, 07:45 PM

I didn't see the jacuzzi nor the cocktail waitress, are you holdin' out on us poor mountian folks. [&:]
Old 05-15-2005, 11:30 PM

Slamfire, the cocktail waitresses are sitting in the cab of the truck, they only come out when we ring the bell or honk the horn.

It was either the jacuzzi or the poker table, and to tell you the truth I didnt want to sit in a jacuzzi with a couple of guys, so the poker table got chosen ... lol
Old 05-16-2005, 12:33 PM
Typical Buck

I'm strictly a backpack hunter myself. Nothing gets my gander up like coming around a corner and hearing the "put put" of an approaching ATV. Horses I can deal with, but ATVs have no place in the woods.