Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 Awesome Moose Experience!!!! >

Awesome Moose Experience!!!!

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Awesome Moose Experience!!!!

Old 10-04-2004, 01:05 PM

Default Awesome Moose Experience!!!!

I was deep in a provincial park on saturday morning chasing around whitetails. As i was walking i could hear a bull grunting in the distance but never gave it much thought. I stopped in a small clearing to still hunt for an hour or so. A flash of antler through the willows caught my atenttion as i saw a nice bull moose step out into the open. The bull walked towards me grunting every step. I just stood there in awe as this creature came closer and closer. I had my rifle out as he approached and finally stopped not even 5 yards from me. We just stood there and stared each other down for the next 5 minutes. I was not really excited, nor did i fear the bull. It seemed as though we had an understanding, i wasn't about to harm him, and he wasn't about to harm me. I got out my cell phone and called home, the message machine cut in. I held the phone out and got the bull grunting into the phone. It was really something amazing. Finally the bull decided he had spent enough time looking at me and plodded his way back down the trail. I got home and listened to the meassage which turned out great. I know lots of you fellas could care less but this experience was just so special to me that i had to share it with someone. Its something i won't ever forget.
Old 10-04-2004, 05:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Awesome Moose Experience!!!!

AWESOME!!!......wish I coulda been there
Old 10-04-2004, 06:09 PM
DM

Three friends and myself were in the interior of Alaska, out in "serious" no mans land!! Anyway, we already had shot three nice bull moose, and had the complete head from one of them sitting near the supercub we flew in, in. We were on the banks of a river, and the plane was on a sandbar next to the river. My last friend was looking for a moose to shoot with his bow, and was away from the camp.

Anyway, a huge bull moose came out across the river, seeing the head off one we already shot next to the plane!! Man he went wild, and jumped into the river, swimming straight for the head and plane, shakeing his head and grunting!! I ran to the plane and i had all i could do to keep that moose from rakeing up the cub with his horns!!!

I thought i'd have to shoot him, but after about 15 minutes of throwing rocks at him and running towards him in the water, I "finally got him to run off.

I then moved the head WAAAAAAAY away from the cub, so we didn't have to walk home next time a bull come by. :&gt

Sounds like you had a great time just like i did, and like me, will never forget it!!

Drilling Man

Old 10-04-2004, 07:37 PM
Fork Horn

Wow awesome stories guys! I hope to have one come out grunting at me next week! Although I wouldn't hesitate to pull the trigger