Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Hunting Dogs
 Truth in Advertising >

Truth in Advertising

Hunting Dogs Still looking for that perfect hunting companion? Well look no further, you've come to the right place.

Truth in Advertising

Old 07-05-2007, 08:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Truth in Advertising

Periodically I get contacted by "breeders" that put up puppy ads. This seems to happen after I have pointed out falsehoods or innaccuracies in those people's ads. These people usually ask or tell me not to post or reply or commenton their ads anymore...............
Well, sorry to say, but I will continue to do so anytime I feel the need.

As most of you have noticed, I always compliment breeders who "do it right", and in order to be fair, I also post about those who don't do it right.

This is not only to try to help prosp[ective buyers, but owners of the breeder dogs as well. Awhile back, I helped an owner find out (and get corrected) an OFA rating that was done, but never got put up on the OFA website.

I believe in "Let the buyer beware" and if I can help out in that respect, I will continue to do so. Strange that the only folks who don't like my posts (truth and honest facts) are those that haven't "done it right" or have told innaccuracies in their ads or have something to hide.
Caveat Emptor.

Old 07-08-2007, 08:15 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Truth in Advertising

Thank you! Our national (parent) club hasa breeder/education referral program which I have been involved with over the past 5 years. I can't tell you how many times I have had people contact me about looking for a stud or they have a stud, when I ask have they had hips/eyes/specific genetic tests done. "Oh no, he's a great dog and he should be in the gene pool. He's just fine!." What a load of crap.
Be responsible, do the right thing. If they don't pass the genetic, physical and tempermentscreenings then they should not be in the gene pool no matter how great the pedigree!
Old 07-11-2007, 11:38 PM
mez
Nontypical Buck

I believe in "Let the buyer beware" and if I can help out in that respect, I will continue to do so. Strange that the only folks who don't like my posts (truth and honest facts) are those that haven't "done it right" or have told innaccuracies in their ads or have something to hide.

You should apply those same standards to yourself when posting propaganda about neutraceuticals and claiming them as published fact. Especially when presenting to laymen.
Old 07-12-2007, 07:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: mez

You should apply those same standards to yourself when posting propaganda about neutraceuticals and claiming them as published fact. Especially when presenting to laymen.
I do.
I can back up all of my claims with published articles from peer reviewed Scientific Journals.[8D]

Don't come to a battle of wits if you're unarmed.

Old 07-12-2007, 10:12 AM
mez
Nontypical Buck

Following CCL surgery (either type) the odds are over 20% that the other knee will blow within two years. One of the best ways to help prevent this is to have your dog on a quality Glucosamine supplement
You can start here then. Not about the odds of the other knee blowing but the justification for stating that glcosamine supplements are one of the best ways to prevent cruciate tears. Could you provide literature on a quality product as well. From someone other than the company making it of course, or one of their competitors.
Old 07-13-2007, 06:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

mez,
I don't know how to cut and paste (or I would put them up here), but if you'll email me, I can send you the list of references. The list is huge, and I don't have time to type them up here.

Old 07-13-2007, 12:18 PM
mez
Nontypical Buck

As I thought.
Old 07-13-2007, 01:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: mez

As I thought.
I will be more than happy to email the studies to anyone who emails me. As I said, I don't know how to "cut and paste" them to this forum and I'm sure as heck not going to type all of them out.

Old 07-13-2007, 02:17 PM

You seem to have plenty of time when it comes to harrassing people and making them feel bad (you are on here hours at a time). And you do know how to cut and paste... again refer to your own signature line.
Old 07-13-2007, 07:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

What does my signature line have to do with cut and paste? It's simply a link to my website.
What I don't know how to do is : Take a PM that I wrote on another website and transfer it to this site. I thought that what cut and paste was. I'm fairly computer illiterate.
I do know how to transfer the PM on the other site to an email................Thus, that's why I said to feel free to email me. Is that hard to understand for you folks? Or do you just enjoy being pissy and acting like Jr. High girls?

Quick Reply: Truth in Advertising

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.