Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Colorado elk

Old 12-18-2018, 11:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Oh I'm not excusing flags. It could have been handled a lot differently. But then the OP decided he wanted to argue it also. Both being smart-alecks and rude. For reading purposes, I prefer to have material in a digestible format. The OP was able to join HNI, log in, type a long argument which would be worth discussing yet can't figure out how to use the Enter button to break it up into a few paragraphs. I don't know that I buy that. I'm sure he already knows how to make paragraphs and chose not to. His choice but his consequences also.

I do agree with you on everything else (see, new paragraph). Chasing away new members isn't right or good for HuntingNet. My earlier post was not about flags and a moderator discussing his post. That's between them and above my paygrade. In reading the rules though, I don't think flags is going to win that one nor should he. JMHO though.
Old 12-18-2018, 12:14 PM
Dominant Buck

I have a typing style that often misses capitalization at the start of a sentence. I type with 2 fingers hunt and peck and my mind often gets ahead of my fingers. I try to go back and proof before I send but often when I am not fully concentrating or running out of time I make errors. None are on purpose and are part and parcel of me as a poster here on HNI. Sometimes you get what you get. When someone is treated rudely the response can follow 2 different paths. Many...for the common good just ignore it and carry on without further escalation. Others have a more measured answer and at times that can be expected. I have always felt that rude people can expect to be treated rudely back. Contrary to that... people who are kind to others are more often than not treated much better than rude people.
Old 12-18-2018, 01:56 PM
Typical Buck

I have a friend who did a Elk hunt in Glenwood Springs this fall.They were successful and seen some Elk but tons of Mule Deer.

Wow,I just did that enter thing and it worked.

I never make long posts so I never needed paragraphs.
Old 12-18-2018, 02:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wait until you start pressing "F" #'s on the keyboard. Those can be real fun.
Old 12-18-2018, 02:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Champlain Islander
I have a typing style that often misses capitalization at the start of a sentence. I type with 2 fingers hunt and peck and my mind often gets ahead of my fingers. I try to go back and proof before I send but often when I am not fully concentrating or running out of time I make errors. None are on purpose and are part and parcel of me as a poster here on HNI. Sometimes you get what you get. When someone is treated rudely the response can follow 2 different paths. Many...for the common good just ignore it and carry on without further escalation. Others have a more measured answer and at times that can be expected. I have always felt that rude people can expect to be treated rudely back. Contrary to that... people who are kind to others are more often than not treated much better than rude people.
Just to be fair, I wasn't criticizing spelling, capitalization or punctuation. Everybody misses that with these keyboards and if you're on a cell phone, forget it. You will get stuff wrong just with spellcheck alone. I agree on how people are treated. And IIRC, being rude is against the rules. that's where the mod comes in although as members, we can surely chime in and speak up too.
Old 12-18-2018, 02:53 PM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by elkman30
Just to be fair, I wasn't criticizing spelling, capitalization or punctuation. Everybody misses that with these keyboards and if you're on a cell phone, forget it. You will get stuff wrong just with spellcheck alone. I agree on how people are treated. And IIRC, being rude is against the rules. that's where the mod comes in although as members, we can surely chime in and speak up too.
Yup real easy to post a little short of perfection. My left point finger somehow always misses the shift key when I hurry. I should have taken typing in school instead of majoring in girls and beer drinking.
Old 12-18-2018, 06:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Typing was overrated in HS. Just sayin.
Old 12-19-2018, 06:45 AM
Spike

Wow. I'm speechless. First off flags, this is not a contest as to who has killed the most elk. If it was, i got you waxed, coming and going. Get a life. There is a reason critical issues in this country become a debate on whose got the most power, the best grammar, the most notches on their debate gun. This seems to have just flown over your head and there is never change with these kind of issues that will have a critical impact on the future of hunting. The reason is simple. It's because of guys like you that everything starts with "I". When Colorado Parks and Wildlife is extremely concerned, from the top to the field officers, and hundreds of hunters say the same, sir, there is a problem. If I invest my time and effort to inform fellow hunters about what is transpiring in this state because I do care about the health of our elk herds, and I do care about the quality of elk hunting in this state, I DO NOT want people like you involved. Period. For the rest of you, I apologize for the hard reading. I did it at work, was interrupted continually, and tried to keep it as brief as I could. THIS IS A CRITICAL ISSUE. IT IS REAL. THERE WILL BE CHANGE. US LOCALS WHO CARE WILL PUSH UNTIL WE HAVE A VOICE, even if it isn't grammerically correct.
Old 12-19-2018, 07:02 AM
Spike

Default Btw,

...Deleted by CalHunter...

Last edited by CalHunter; 12-21-2018 at 07:11 AM. Reason: Rule 8--warning.
Old 12-19-2018, 07:11 AM
Dominant Buck

Sundance there are a lot of like minded people here on the site that think like you. Please dont give up because one member was having a bad day. I am out ice fishing now and have limited forum contact but I hope when I get home you are still in around. My friend who lives in alamosa has stated the same thing as you. It is important even if Dow turns a blind eye

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.