Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Africa or Alaska?

Old 05-17-2015, 01:39 PM
Spike

ALASKA!!!

I am biased because I currently live there and have never been to Africa.

The reason I would choose AK is that it offers so many opportunities for the average hunter with an average budget to get out there and see some game! I mean heck, I've seen bull moose in downtown anchorage before.

Alaska is so wild. A new breathtaking view is around every bend, and you really don't know when and where you will see a bear(s) or a moose; could happen anywhere!

My point is, any hunter can take a trophy big game animal!
Old 05-17-2015, 03:24 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
A bit of a contradiction. You say you're a meat hunter, and you have trophy's on your wall. That's not my definition of a meat hunter.

I consider myself a meat hunter who loves the hunt more than the kill. There's nothing hanging on my walls, and i've never even taken antlers from the kill unless I had to prove points, and then it's left in the mountains. I believe that's what meat hunters do.

I think every hunter is free to hunt anyway they want, and I don't push my ways on anybody. However, what ever you claim to do. You should do it.
some years I'M a meat hunter some years I'M a trophy hunter . it just depends on the hunt and on my needs. though in both cases the meat never gets wasted.

way I figure it is . so long as what I do is legal , anyone who disaproves can ...Deleted by CalHunter...

Last edited by CalHunter; 05-19-2015 at 07:27 PM. Reason: Warning--Rule # 2
Old 05-18-2015, 03:59 PM
Spike

Alaska is my dream hunt fantasy location.
Old 05-22-2015, 07:23 AM
RWK
Nontypical Buck

Keep you money in the STATES. The way the worlds going you go to Africa you might not come back
Old 05-22-2015, 07:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by RWK
The way the worlds going you go to Africa you might not come back
B.S. If you go to Africa on safari you will entail no more risk than going to AK or Canada.
Old 05-22-2015, 10:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by flags
If you go to Namibia, check into getting a Mountain Zebra and a Damara Dik-Dik. You can't get them anywhere else. Kudu, orxy, hartebeest, warthog, wildebeest etc... are pretty widespread. Go for the oddities. That's exactly how I got my Vaal Rhebok.
Alaska for hunting, the main reason, when flags says "Vaal Rhebok" and especially "Damara Dik-Dik" I have no idea if he's talking about an animal or lost control of his fingers on the keyboard

I don't know much about the animals in Africa, so not interested in hunting them. I'd love to go with a camera and tour around. Love seeing other countries and cultures.

As for "keep your money in America", that's actually pretty hard to do with international ownership of pretty much everything and offshore manufacture etc.
Old 05-22-2015, 11:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

I love the cold, and hate the heat. Alaska is a better choice for me.

I wouldn't be happy in Africa.
Old 05-22-2015, 12:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

I love the cold, and hate the heat. Alaska is a better choice for me.

I wouldn't be happy in Africa.
Same here. I have a saying, "If it's cold, you can always put on more clothes, if it's too hot, there are only so many clothes you can take off and be legal" I get hot and sweaty if it's over 60.
Old 05-22-2015, 12:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

Exactly! Over 60 is a heat wave, and i'm headed for 12,000ft to cool off.
Old 05-22-2015, 04:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

Exactly! Over 60 is a heat wave, and i'm headed for 12,000ft to cool off.
I'm not too far from you on that statement, but I don't have anywhere here to even get to 500', LOL! I don't mind it at all if it doesn't get much past 70 up here.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.