Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Big buck contests?

Old 04-26-2013, 12:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Psylocide
You've never shared a picture of a buck (or any animal for that matter) that you've harvested?

I do it for the love of the hunt... I love it so much that I know other people want to share in the hunt and, being that this is "huntingnet.com," live vicariously through some of these posts.

Really, I don't see how that makes one a braggart.

But, YMMV.
I've never even taken a picture of a kill. I fly fish 200 days a year, and you won't see a picture of a fish either. Hunting and fishing are a personal experience for me.
Old 04-26-2013, 12:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
I've never even taken a picture of a kill. I fly fish 200 days a year, and you won't see a picture of a fish either. Hunting and fishing are a personal experience for me.
Interesting, well... to each their own, of course.

I have a large extended family and friends that can't wait to see pictures of my hunts or share pictures with me of their hunts. It's something that bonds us and we really enjoy admiring what we've harvested.

Shoot, I'd still take pictures even if no one ever saw them. Pictures and written words preserve memories in a way that nothing else can.
Old 04-26-2013, 02:34 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Psylocide
Interesting, well... to each their own, of course.

I have a large extended family and friends that can't wait to see pictures of my hunts or share pictures with me of their hunts. It's something that bonds us and we really enjoy admiring what we've harvested.

Shoot, I'd still take pictures even if no one ever saw them. Pictures and written words preserve memories in a way that nothing else can.
I totaly agree,its the same as with my family and friends.and to everyone on hni that has shared their pictures,thank you iv enjoyed them.
Old 04-26-2013, 02:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

That's what makes people interesting. We're all a little different.

My pictures are all in my memory.
Old 04-26-2013, 02:50 PM
Typical Buck

That's what makes people interesting. We're all a little different.

My pictures are all in my memory.
I bet you do have some great stories.
Old 04-26-2013, 03:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Personally, I'm not a fan or participant in "contests" such as these. Although I don't malign anyone who takes a photo of something they've bagged, I'm usually somewhat amused when someone does it with the intent of impressing anyone they show it to.

Same thing goes for the "my kid's the captain of the football team" parents who try to show me the video on their iPhone. I don't feel it's necessary, so I simply don't participate or promote.

But, when I was young, my perspective was different. I hunted for horns too. Today, it's a day in the fresh air, reading sign, listening, and if I'm lucky - helping a youngster fill their first tag. I'm just older now and motivated differently.
Old 04-26-2013, 04:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by skinnnner
I bet you do have some great stories.

Funny you should say that. Today I had lunch with a friend, and he brought a friend of his along. He was about my age, and has been hunting all his life too. We started to tell stories about our hunts, and it turned out we were very alike in our thinking. We went back and forth with our stories, and we both know exactly what the other was describing. We had a great time talking about the hunts, and never once had to show any pictures.

I can think back to my first hunt with my dad when I was 8 years old. That was 1950, and I can still see it like it was yesterday. Some memories never fade.
Old 04-26-2013, 06:44 PM
Typical Buck

Funny you should say that. Today I had lunch with a friend, and he brought a friend of his along. He was about my age, and has been hunting all his life too. We started to tell stories about our hunts, and it turned out we were very alike in our thinking. We went back and forth with our stories, and we both know exactly what the other was describing. We had a great time talking about the hunts, and never once had to show any pictures.

I can think back to my first hunt with my dad when I was 8 years old. That was 1950, and I can still see it like it was yesterday. Some memories never fade.
I hear what your saying,my father is very much the same.but i wish he had taken more pictures,i would have loved to have seen them.
Old 04-26-2013, 06:46 PM
Typical Buck

In lots of cases pictures arent taken for ones self,they are for the people you leave behind.
Old 04-27-2013, 05:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

I out lived everybody.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.