Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Big buck contests?

Old 03-06-2013, 09:56 AM
Spike

Default Big buck contests?

Has anyone ever been in a big buck contest?
Old 04-24-2013, 05:59 PM
Typical Buck

Those so called "contests" are the opposite of what a real hunter seeks. I deplore the practice. It demeans all who call themselves hunters.

If you want a prize join a bowling league.
Old 04-24-2013, 10:04 PM
Typical Buck

Iv went to a few big buck nights,its always intreasting to see what the locals all harvested and hear the stories.
Old 04-25-2013, 05:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Bullcamp82834
Those so called "contests" are the opposite of what a real hunter seeks. I deplore the practice. It demeans all who call themselves hunters.

Ditto that pardner. I see you're in the great little town of Buffalo, the gateway to the BigHorns. I'm through there every year to hunt the west slope and absolutely love it there. Big buck nights are cool if no contest was involved and it's like Skinnnner said to just see them and hear the stories behind them is cool. Contests and "the Book" IMHO ruin hunting.

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 04-25-2013 at 05:33 AM.
Old 04-25-2013, 07:34 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006
Ditto that pardner. I see you're in the great little town of Buffalo, the gateway to the BigHorns. I'm through there every year to hunt the west slope and absolutely love it there. Big buck nights are cool if no contest was involved and it's like Skinnnner said to just see them and hear the stories behind them is cool. Contests and "the Book" IMHO ruin hunting.
Yep.
As I'm sure you know, Buffalo during hunting season is like a nationwide hunters convention with people from all over the country in town for a few weeks. Plenty of game hanging outside motels and great stories flying around in the bars at night. I've met many great people. That's what it's about. Not some prize for being lucky enough to take a big bull or buck.
Old 04-25-2013, 07:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Bullcamp82834

Yup!

Taxidermists would all go out of business if they had to depend on me.
Old 04-25-2013, 08:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

Me too Muley! I've only had one whitetail, one muley, and an antelope mounted in all my years of hunting. Hey Muley, how's the old body coming along?
Old 04-25-2013, 08:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

I don't even take the antlers from the kill spot.

I'm all healed. Thanks for asking.
Old 04-25-2013, 06:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

I read once, "If Democrats don't like guns, they try to ban them. If Conservatives don't like the channel, they simply change it for another." It was something like that anyway...

There's a lesson in there, somewhere...
Old 04-25-2013, 07:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by iamyourhuckleberry
I read once, "If Democrats don't like guns, they try to ban them. If Conservatives don't like the channel, they simply change it for another." It was something like that anyway...

There's a lesson in there, somewhere...
A remote is handy?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.