Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

hunt booking agents

Old 03-20-2011, 01:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006
He might say the outfitter is paying him, but in actuality the hunter is paying him and the outfitter just isn't getting as much on the hunt for having him do a lot of the initial work !
Do you realize how ignorant the statement above is?

If a hunt costs the EXACT same amount to a hunter whether they do the booking process through a booking agent or the outfitter directly how do you figure the hunter is paying a fee to the booking agent

Just out of curiosity have you ever used a booking agent yourself? If not then you don't even have a dog in this hunt and you need to leave it alone.
Old 03-20-2011, 01:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

And you, sir, can take your little emoticons and stick them where the sun don't shine because you are showing your true colors just like Blair!!! The customer is getting screwed either way, no matter whether you take your money off the top the way you stated or after the fact by the outfitter. You are still making money on the NON hunt, regardless of whether the customer paid the same amount going through you or direct. All you are doing is trying to justify why it isn't you doing the screwing and why you can keep your money. I was an Investigator in Consumer Protection for over 30 years with the State of Michigan before I retired in 2002, so I know more than a "little" when it comes to how people like you operate, LOL, and yes I have used a booking agent before!!! Thank you for your honesty, or dishonesty, as it sounds just like the responses Blair has made, LOL! In essence, you are saying exactly what I said when I stated BUYER BEWARE, because that's what "no refunds" means! If you are taking no risk in running your business and giving no refunds in any bad deals then that more than sucks. You better go read that 11 page thread and see what all the other reputable agents in your profession are saying! You just lost a lot of business with your posts here because the proper thing would be to at least say that you would give the customer your cut and THEN discontinue doing business with that bad outfitter because the customer is out the money you received as a good faith payment for NOT doing your job in providing the service your home page states. That's exactly what everyone else is saying on that 11 page thread that you don't have time to read and you just cut your throat by even making any posts on this subject on a BB with this many views!!! NOT TOO SMART!!!

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 03-20-2011 at 02:07 PM.
Old 03-20-2011, 01:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

because no matter what he says now I've made up my mind about him and I would bet that anybody that reads this thread has too!!!
I thank you for that Topgun as I feel with all my heart I, my agency and our outfitters have dodge a bullet with you promising not to use our services and we all appreciate that.

As for any one else who has read any of these posts I repeat that I will let my past history speak for my business, integrity and honesty. I have absolutely nothing to be ashamed of when it comes to my business.

I actually think it is some what humorous that you feel that hunting forums contribute to our clientèle that much to begin with. I receive very few new clients from any hunting forums I go to. I come to this one and am a moderator on several others because I enjoy hunting and fishing and talking hunting and fishing with everyone. I promise you I don't spend time here trying to promote my business.
Old 03-20-2011, 02:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

You may think you're not promoting your business.

Your signature says different.

I'm just saying.
Old 03-20-2011, 03:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

Muley Hunter----SJA has just put up another stupid emoticon and a gem of a statement. If he treats me like that, rather than trying to give some polite, logical responses IMHO that more than speaks as to how he operates his business! SJA is obviously talking out the wrong end when he speaks about the power of the net and how many people view all these sites and make their decisions on what they read or pass on to their buddies about doing business with an agent or outfitter! This guy won't give a refund under any circumstance from what he says and then he speaks of honesty and integrity for God's sake! He was sure right on one thing in this thread and that was in the last post where he says he doesn't spend time on here trying to promote his business, LOL!!! He, IMHO, has done a fantastic job of UNPROMOTING his business though!!! I hope he takes a look and sees how many views this little thread has had on here and then you can probably multiply that by 10 for who will also be told about it. I'll leave it to those who read this thread as to whether they will or won't do business with him, but I will say again after reading his posts: "NOT TOO SMART!!!"

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 03-20-2011 at 03:36 PM.
Old 03-20-2011, 03:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well, he didn't lose me for a customer. I like hunting alone.

I do feel bad for out of state hunters that get screwed though.
Old 03-20-2011, 05:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

And you, sir, can take your little emoticons and stick them where the sun don't shine
Not hard to see here who is showing their true colors. Not that I am surprised. Say what you wish, I will allow my past and my clients do my talking.

Topgun if your dumb enough to read and sign a very clear and non-misleading contract then you have no gripe. All a person has to do is read and not agree with what a contract states and not sign it or not book the hunt end of problem. No one holds a gun on anyone and makes them agree to and sign a contract stating the booking agent will not be responsible for any refunds. How smart does anyone have to be to understand that? It is there in plain simple text, that is why you have contracts.

Now say what ever the heck you want to say and keep on saying I am just like Jeff Blair which to anyone who knows me at all or my business knows that statement really shows off your ignorance. You have just witnessed my last post to this so if you want to really bash me go for it, I will not defend myself any further. God Bless. Oh yea,
Old 03-20-2011, 05:31 PM
Fork Horn

Ok, Can we no get back to topic and spreading the news that we should inform hunters to beware off Jeff Blair and Larry Heathington when it comes to booking hunts as this topic is on many, many fourms with over 20,000 hits. By the way any hunts I book where the outfitter fails to give the hunter thier hunt will get my commission back, no questions asked.
Old 03-20-2011, 05:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

Brian---His last post and the last sentence in your post just said it all---nuff said!!! Thank you!!!

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 03-20-2011 at 05:46 PM.
Old 03-20-2011, 06:46 PM
Spike

I agree that sjadventures is hurting his booking service more than he thinks.Lots of people come to these sites and look for info on outfitters and booking agents. If he refuses to refund his cut of the money of the hunt, no matter what happens then I dont think any one should use his service! Just the way I feel. Id have a tuff time sleeping at night knowing some one got srewed over and didnt get there hunt, and I profitted from it

Last edited by adamwipp07; 03-20-2011 at 07:14 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.