Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

hunt booking agents

Old 03-17-2011, 04:19 PM
Spike

Default hunt booking agents

Has anyone heard about Blair's world wide hunting consultants taking $70,000 for a dessert sheep hunt and not providing a hunt or return the money.I'll see if I can link to the thread on accuracy forum .
Old 03-18-2011, 05:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

Here's the link! Click on it and if you want to read all 11 pages go up to the top right and clock on page 1. It's lengthy, but a lot of the posts have quotes from other posts in them that yopu can wade through quickly! Please read and determine for yourself whether you would use the company!

http://forums.accuratereloading.com/...3471078051/p/9

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 03-18-2011 at 05:47 PM.
Old 03-18-2011, 06:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

I haven't read it so I don't know the specifics of this particular incident but as a booking agent we personally do not give refunds. We receive a deposit, deduct our commission fee from it and forward the remainder of the deposit to the outfitter then any due balance of a hunt is paid directly to the outfitter by the hunter. We are paid solely by the outfitter and receive no pay what so ever from the hunter so if there are any refunds the outfitter is responsible for all refunds given to a hunter and it states so in our contract.

Last edited by SJAdventures; 03-18-2011 at 06:39 PM.
Old 03-18-2011, 07:12 PM
Fork Horn

Yes, but aledgedly blair went beyond that and tacked on a additional $10,000 plus his cut and possibly knew that Larry was not fit to do the hunt when he took the second half of the payment.
Old 03-19-2011, 12:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

SJAdventures---If you haven't even bothered to read any of the thread, IMHO I don't believe it was fair for you to even make your post!!! In your line of business it would behoove you to read the entire 11 pages and then come back here to make a comment, which I hope would be entirely different from the one you have posted. If not, Sir, I guess I would have to lump you right in there with Blair Worldwide Hunting and Heathington!!! Also, you completely contradicted yourself because you stated you take a deposit from the hunter and take your cut "BEFORE" sending the rest to the outfitter. Then you made just the opposite statement saying you're paid by the outfitter and followed that with about the same sarcastic statement Blair is making that it's "right in the contract" to excuse his outright fraud! That "contract BS" is exactly what Blair is saying and he took what appears to be an extra 10K markup over what the outfitter was actually charging. The only difference from what it sounds like you are doing is that Blair also took the other half ($35,000) to complete the hosing while your customers send the outfitter the remaining money!!! QUESTION: Do you or do you not feel that you are responsible for providing an honest outfitter as the main reason for operating your business in order to make your profit. If not, then I would suggest you change your philosophy or find another profession because that's exactly why hunters book through an agent!!! PS: I already went into your website and read your spiel about using you and taking the guesswork out of using an outfitter a hunter knows nothing about. Is that for real or a bunch of BS and if a hunt goes bad or doesn't come about because of the outfitter do you or do you not feel that you at least owe the hunter back your fee for not providing what you represented. I eagerly await your reply and if there isn't one I will definitely start a new thread here in regards to your response or lack thereof! Oh, and after reading your advertisement I see how you can claim you don't get paid by the hunter, but I'm not going back to edit this post and will leave as is.

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 03-19-2011 at 01:05 PM.
Old 03-19-2011, 02:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006
SJAdventures---If you haven't even bothered to read any of the thread, IMHO I don't believe it was fair for you to even make your post!!! In your line of business it would behoove you to read the entire 11 pages and then come back here to make a comment, which I hope would be entirely different from the one you have posted. If not, Sir, I guess I would have to lump you right in there with Blair Worldwide Hunting and Heathington!!! Also, you completely contradicted yourself because you stated you take a deposit from the hunter and take your cut "BEFORE" sending the rest to the outfitter. Then you made just the opposite statement saying you're paid by the outfitter and followed that with about the same sarcastic statement Blair is making that it's "right in the contract" to excuse his outright fraud! That "contract BS" is exactly what Blair is saying and he took what appears to be an extra 10K markup over what the outfitter was actually charging. The only difference from what it sounds like you are doing is that Blair also took the other half ($35,000) to complete the hosing while your customers send the outfitter the remaining money!!! QUESTION: Do you or do you not feel that you are responsible for providing an honest outfitter as the main reason for operating your business in order to make your profit. If not, then I would suggest you change your philosophy or find another profession because that's exactly why hunters book through an agent!!! PS: I already went into your website and read your spiel about using you and taking the guesswork out of using an outfitter a hunter knows nothing about. Is that for real or a bunch of BS and if a hunt goes bad or doesn't come about because of the outfitter do you or do you not feel that you at least owe the hunter back your fee for not providing what you represented. I eagerly await your reply and if there isn't one I will definitely start a new thread here in regards to your response or lack thereof! Oh, and after reading your advertisement I see how you can claim you don't get paid by the hunter, but I'm not going back to edit this post and will leave as is.
I'm glad you made your post. I was going to say the same thing.

I'm interested in his response too.
Old 03-19-2011, 03:22 PM
Fork Horn

You know these two gentleman have had the opportunity to have a couple of great guides offer their service if they would only provide the landowners tag, to me that would go along way in clearing this up, but they have not and not it looks like the law will be getting involved. I have stated that as a booking agent our clients are our true assets and we can only grow by taking excellent care of them, Blair has done nothing to earn his money and should give it back, but looks like they can debate that fact in Jail.
Old 03-19-2011, 04:47 PM
Spike

If I pay a man to do something that he does and it does not happen I will hold that man. The one I payed responsible.
I would kick blair's teeth in ,then give him 24 hours to hand me my $70,000 or he will learn to craw the rest of his life.
I thought people used booking agents so they DON'T get rip off.
Old 03-19-2011, 05:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

That's exactly what booking agents are used for! While I'm at it, please be aware of the free hog hunting advertisement running at the top of this website. It is the same outfit near Gonzalez, TX that the Texas AG had a C&D order against last year for outright fraud perpetrated against a large number of complainants. They changed their name and a slight description of where they are located and now name another town, but it's them. They advertise a "buy one get one free" type of hunt and it always says the special ends at midnight of the day you are on the site. They just keep upping the date at midnight so a person will hurry and thinks he's getting in before the deadline! The other big scam is where they say they have a free drawing once a month for one lucky hunter. However, everyone who has left their address on the website says they get the call that they are the contest winner. I just entered this month and will see if I get the "freebie" phone call. The place is essentially app. 250 acre high fence place, even though they make like they have thousands of low fence hunting. Everything they advertise ends up being a real stretch, if not an outright lie, from the food, animals, charges, etc. I already notified one website that I'm on that was also running the ad and they immediately put a block on that Google ad. I have sent in a PM this afternoon and asked that it be blocked on this site as well.

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 03-19-2011 at 05:44 PM.
Old 03-19-2011, 06:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

I did not contradict myself. And I got better things to do in my life than to read 11 pages of something that doesn't involve me. I was not defending anyone in this issue I only stated how as a booking agent we run our business. Our contract states any and all refunds is the sole responsibility of the outfitter. It is there up front and in the open for all clients to read and to decide whether to agree with it and sign it and go on the hunt. Nothing hidden, nothing shady. I do not EVER mark up a hunt. I sell it exactly for the amount the outfitter does if he sells it himself. When we collect a deposit we are collecting a deposit for the outfitter. He pays us out of the deposit. The client does not pay us. I personally to the best of my ability check out every outfitter we agree to sell hunts for. Other than that I don't have to or am I going to defend myself to anyone when I haven't done anything wrong.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.