Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Stolen Elk

Old 11-01-2007, 07:58 PM
Spike

Default RE: Stolen Elk

They can take the meat but they can't take the memories and what hunting is really all about.
Old 11-04-2007, 06:01 AM

Would the G&F Warden issue another tag for your buddy? Under those circumstances, you might ask!
Next time (I always do this), take your dated and signed tag and roll it up tight andhide it somewhere on the animal. I've stuck it in the ear, slid it under the neckskin, etc. This way, if you DO see it and suspect it's yours, you can prive it to the authorities.

The elk Gods will shine on your buddy. So sad.
Old 11-04-2007, 06:30 AM
Dominant Buck

I was told another way to do that was to use half of a dollar bill and slide it up under the skin before hanging. If it was stolen and you knew where it was located you could go to that location with a warden and have the proof it was yours with the other half and the corresponding numbers..
Old 11-04-2007, 08:24 AM
Spike

The idea of hidding something and using it to prove ownership only work if you can find the carcass. Which I really doubt you ever will. Scum who do this sort of thing arn't going to stay camped down the road. They load up and head for home. And I really doubt the fish and game will issue another tag.

As said above, You have the pictures and your memories. And that's more important than the meat any day.

Old 11-04-2007, 10:30 AM
Fork Horn

I hate to hear of stuff like that. They deserve an asssss whuping.
Old 11-04-2007, 01:15 PM
Typical Buck

i dought they butchered it i mean if they did they probabally did it in there town where they live orthere selfs. But thats really low and it even makes me mad [:@]
Old 11-05-2007, 01:22 PM

I hope they are found and beaten severely. That is not cool. Personally, that sense of accomplishment when you get a nice looking animal is unbeatable, but to have it stolen later, that is heart-wrenching.
Old 11-05-2007, 04:30 PM
Typical Buck

That kind of stuff pisses me off beyond belief. [:@]If it were my elk and I did happen to find who did it theyd get more then a beating. They would be lucky to walk again. Makes me sick. Sorry to hear that about your friends bull. Try to keep your heads up.
Old 11-05-2007, 05:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

I cant believe with the controversy we have to deal with as hunters that anybody who considers themselves hunters would do such a thing!! People never cease to amaze me, i would love to open a can on them!
Old 11-06-2007, 04:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

An old friend of mine had his elk stolen. He shot it, gutted it and went to get help to pack it out, but found another in thier hunting party had also shot one. They decided they could only pack one out at a time and chose to get the other guys elk packed out first. The next day when they got to my friends elk, it was gone. Someone else had packed it all out.

Quick Reply: Stolen Elk

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.