Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 Bear Hunting Guide within the States....? >

Bear Hunting Guide within the States....?

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Bear Hunting Guide within the States....?

Old 09-23-2007, 10:12 PM

Default Bear Hunting Guide within the States....?

Hey guys.....need your help here. I'm tossing around the idea of going bear hunting this coming spring. What is the Best state to hunt Black bear in? What is the outfitters name? and do they have a high kill rate? and have you hunted with them personally? What is their website address? Any and all help would be appreciated.....
Old 09-25-2007, 06:32 PM

Default RE: Bear Hunting Guide within the States....?

crookedtreelodge.com located in maine you have to try there hound hunts.
Old 09-26-2007, 02:13 AM
Boone & Crockett

There is no spring bear season up here...
Old 09-26-2007, 03:02 PM

Oh my god! You guys are KILLING ME! the BEST PLACE in the WQHOLE WORLD to hunt Black Bear is in Prince of Whales! I got an 8 1/2 ft one year before last, and the gent I was dating at the time gotone 8 ft pluss as well! Mine was over 13 years old, had the sharpest and longest claws the fish and game guys had seen taken out of there in a long time. Someone had shot it in the hind quarter the year before, so it had a really bad infection in one rump whichmight haveinterfeared withit making it another winter. A GREAT one to shoot! an OLD GUY who's on the way out anyway! A few facial scars from fights... but other than that the biggest fluffiest bear rug you ever saw! I would not have thought he would have squared out that big...My boyfriend at the time shot a younger, perfectly healthy one...All of them we saw were in the 8 foot range (IF you go when there first comming out of the dens, when the skunk cabbadge is blooming and about a foot tall!) ONLY Bores are out then! I LOVE hunting down there! BEAUTIFUL AREA!... All nice big salmon fed (and clam digging fat bears!) An easy old mans hunt... You don't need to pack an animal very far!You DO need to keep all the meat in that area, but the hunting in early spring is in the grass flats boardering streams and little inlets near water. Open areas... and there pretty predictable in there behavior.
Old 09-26-2007, 03:12 PM
Dominant Buck

Maine has loads of bear guides for fall hunting. Real high success rate or so I am told. If you are located in the eastern side of the country it is very affordable.