Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 Bear huntin here in the States. >

Bear huntin here in the States.

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Bear huntin here in the States.

Old 05-31-2007, 08:26 AM
Typical Buck

Default Bear huntin here in the States.

I'm looking to go bear huntin next year and I would like to hunt here in the States if I could. I have NOTHING against Canada, and I understand that there's some of the best black bear huntin there but I'd kinda like to hunt with (or have the ability to hunt with) a hand gun if I wanted to.
IF any of y'all can give me a recomendation of a reputable place I'd sure appreciate it!

Old 05-31-2007, 08:45 AM

Default RE: Bear huntin here in the States.

Oregon has 30,000 bears in 40,000 square miles with the majority on the southern coast. If you are looking for a guided hunt I reccomend southern oregon outfitters. I have not used him but I plan to in the fall. I have heard nothing but good things about his hunts. I am doing a custom painting for a trade for a hunt. his website;

http://www.cathunts.com/
Old 05-31-2007, 08:53 AM
Typical Buck

What a great web site! That does sound like a great place to hunt. I just did some checking and that's 2320.27 miles from my drive way to theirs. We were kinda hoping to drive. Anything a little closer?

Thanks for the reply!
Old 05-31-2007, 09:13 PM
Typical Buck

Idaho------lots of 2 bear areas & color phase bears. Cinnamon, blondes, chocolates, & blacks.Plus not bugs---Canada is loaded with black flies, skidders, no see-ums. I'm thinking of going there next spring for a hunt-----Only problem is the size.IMO--noreal chance of a 7'------6' is probably the best----6' is a GOOD bear. CB
Old 06-01-2007, 10:26 AM

That's right, Idaho is a great place for bears, especially color phase bears. Montana is also a great location. We have outfitters in both states, and I would be glad to give you more details if you like. Check out our website for an intro, and let me know what you might be interested in. Spot and stalk, baited, and hound hunts are all available. Whoever you end up booking with, I hope you have a great hunt!

Old 06-01-2007, 02:46 PM

If you want to hunt Pa. I'll put you in a good spot, 1 hour from pittsburgh .I would like to see more killed ,I don't hunt them any more,I have 4 now .The season is short and the odds are low.but so are a lot of hunts.