Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
 sportsmans guide, guide series hunting boots >

sportsmans guide, guide series hunting boots

Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

sportsmans guide, guide series hunting boots

Old 09-15-2007, 10:55 AM
Typical Buck

Default sportsmans guide, guide series hunting boots

Im in the market for some new hunting boots, my rockies are shot. I was searching the sportsmans guide for some new boots and the guide series look pretty promising. I have only wore Rockies for years and cant seem to keep a sole on them. Money is tight right now so i need to find something a little cheapier. Anyone ever used the guide series boots from the sportsmans guide? I was looking at the 2000 gram thinsulate ones. Just wondering how durable and dependable and comfortable they are. If anything i just need some warm, rugged boots to get me through this season till i can find some higher quailty boots next year.
Any feedback would be appreciated.
Old 09-15-2007, 08:22 PM

Default RE: sportsmans guide, guide series hunting boots

keep in mind this is a second hand opinion, but a good friend of mine that I was in a club with for several years bought some Sportsmans guide guide series boots and his words were ''they are about as comfortable as cinderblocks'' andthey did not hold up well either, they barely made it through the deer season and weren't worn again until they had thier final come apart while fixing up duck blinds, the next year.

I'm not sure what you're looking to spend, but just search the net for closeout hunting boots, i've found my deals that way and on good boots and clothes.
lastly, 2000grams? are you hunting the artic cirlce? Not being a smart @$$ but remember that those grams convert to pounds and 2000g is over 4 lbs. so your getting into some seriously heavy boots. But, to each his own.
Good luck.
7days 'til!!!
Old 09-16-2007, 06:43 AM
Typical Buck

Thanks for the info nothinspecial, i was afraid of that. I thought they may not be of very good quaility because they were so cheap. I may have to see if i can scrape together some extra cash for georgias or more rockies. As far as the insulation thing, 2000 grams is a little overboard, i used to wear 800 grams in my rockies i did have days were my feet got pretty cold. My last pair were 1000 grams which was pretty warm, just thought i would step up to a warmer boot. My feet for some reason tend to get pretty cold, must be pour circulation.

Thanks again for the heads up, i appreciate it.

Old 09-16-2007, 07:04 PM
Fork Horn

Belted Mag--What size do you wear in the Rocky boots?? I had (have) a pair which just doesn't fit me right. Severeal ears old Bearclaws, but actuall worn only a few times.Let me know what size & I can "dig 'em out" to see what size mine are...if close, there yours!
Old 09-16-2007, 09:29 PM
Typical Buck

Sellme69 i wear a size 13, let me know what you have and how much you want for them i may be interested.