Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Wyoming Mule Tags

Old 07-26-2007, 02:39 PM
Fork Horn

Default Wyoming Mule Tags

What is the difference in a Special and a General Lottery Mule Deer tag? All I know is that I drew a "General" tag as a non-resident in the lottery and will be hunting about 60 miles south of Jackson Hole September 27-October 1. I had a choice of 3 hunts beginning September 15, 21 (or ? 22) and 27th (which fit my schedule best.)
Old 07-26-2007, 09:29 PM

Default RE: Wyoming Mule Tags

Not sure about NR tags, but for a resident General tags are sold over the counter and they are valid in a number of areas and seasons. Special draw tags on the other hand are limited quota and are only good for one specific area and season.
Old 07-27-2007, 08:06 AM
Fork Horn

I'll have to check my paperwork again regarding whether I got a "Special" or a "General" tag. All I know for sure is that it was obtained as a non-resident, through the lottery and I am hunting September 27-October 1 by my choice (Had 3 options from Sept. 15 to Sept. 27.)
Old 07-27-2007, 06:26 PM
Typical Buck

Special tags are good earlier, for one sex. A general tag is for the general season, when the harvest is dictated by the unit's rules.
Old 07-27-2007, 11:50 PM

ORIGINAL: BeaverJack

Special tags are good earlier, for one sex. A general tag is for the general season, when the harvest is dictated by the unit's rules.
Not necessarily- the tags that are typically hardest to draw (special draw) are the late season deer tags. The only hunts that take place earlier than the general season most of the time are archery hunts- and in most areas a special tag is not needed- you just need to have a hunting tag for that area then you can go buy a archery tag to hunt the archery season in that area. And not all units have a general season.
Old 07-28-2007, 06:49 AM
Typical Buck

This is true. The special tags can be for "special" times or areas. Special being relevant to the species. I stand corrected.
Old 07-28-2007, 07:30 AM

There are 2 different tags for all NR license. Example: General tag #1 is the regular general license. General tag #2 is the more expensive general license. I believe these tags are listed as the "special" license because they are in a different (special) drawing. Same goes for the limited quota license............regular and special

Early, late, and weapon specifichunts arelisted aslimited quota hunts.........unless you get the more expensive type (special) license

Correct me if I'm wrong
Old 07-30-2007, 11:48 AM
Fork Horn

I don't have my paperwork readily available, but I do know that my mule deer tag as a Non-resident was for any of 3 hunt opportunities beginning between Sept. 15 and Sept. 27 with rifle.