Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 Which deer region in Wyoming? >

Which deer region in Wyoming?

Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.
 Nosler

Which deer region in Wyoming?

Old 03-01-2007, 06:41 PM

Default Which deer region in Wyoming?

[blockquote]My grandpa are planning a trip to wyoming to hunt muleys. We hunted region A and C before, but didnt see many deer. We arent looking for a huge trophy, just hopefully some respectable bucks, and we want to find a spot where we would see lots of deer. We may buy antelope tags in the leftover drawing. It would be a DIY hunt on public land. The app. deadline is coming up soon, and we still don't know where to go. We want to get the tags for sure, so we want to enter a near 100 percent drawing odds unit. Could anyone please give me any info on some good regions where we could make this hunt possible? Thanks alot, clay [/blockquote]
Old 03-02-2007, 10:32 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Which deer region in Wyoming?

you did not see many deer in region A???????????????
i have honestly never heard anybody say that before. should have seen hundreds and hundreds.
i can drive 5 miles out of town here, on public land, and see 50-100 in an evening almost 100% of the time.

where in region a were you hunting.
Old 03-02-2007, 01:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

That was my thought as well. Region A is a great place to hunt deer. I mostly hunt the Whitetails in that region but there are plenty of mule deer as well.
Old 03-02-2007, 03:18 PM

We did see hundreds, but on private land. We only saw about 30 on public land out of 4 hunters.
Old 03-02-2007, 08:03 PM
Fork Horn

well i mean no offense, but if 4 of you could only find 30 deer on public in the black hills, you either never left your pickup or never opened your eyes.

hell most days in rifle season you have to slow down to miss more deer than that on the roads!!!
Old 03-02-2007, 08:54 PM

no offense taken. but Ill admit it, we had my grandpas truck, and he never got out, so he didnt want to stop either. When we did hunt, we mostly skipped around to different areas. I personally think it would have been better to thoroughly cover one smaller area. This year i am going to talk him into bringing the truck camper and camp on blm land or something so we can go hunt whenever we want. There were deer everywhere in Ranch A though. too bad it is closed to hunting. It looks like we will be going back to region C.