Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 Region G wyoming mule deer >

Region G wyoming mule deer

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Region G wyoming mule deer

Old 07-18-2004, 11:47 AM
gby

Default Region G wyoming mule deer

I drew a tag for region G. Iam planning on hunting mostly in unit 135.I have been hearing
that the population is down somewhat due to drought and winter mortallity. How bad is it there ? Is there still a decent amount of deer there to have a good hunt ?

Thanks Ron
Old 07-18-2004, 12:18 PM

Default RE: Region G wyoming mule deer

gby - I grew up in Kemmerer and my parents still live there. First off - I'm jealous, because I didn't draw this year... 2nd.. CONGRATS! That is a great tag. Are you familiar with the area and hunted it before? Send me an email or private message and I'll be happy to provide whatever info you would like. I won't point out my honey holes on the map, but I will give you some good pointers and great places to go. Also, let me know your preference of hunting and how you will be hunting (i.e. foot/horses/truck walking 5 miles a day or more/less.. all that). That will help alot.
Old 07-18-2004, 07:16 PM

G is a very good area but I believe it has been hiy hard the past few years. You will get a good buck if time put in. Bow elk where did you get your elk picture at? I am looking for a couple good pictures to have as my signature.

http://forum.hunting.net/asppg/avatars/elk_img_01.gif
Old 07-18-2004, 08:20 PM

Muzz.. this picture is one from here on the forum under your profile. Just pick it from their list of avatars, etc.

Also, Region is getting hit hard, but it has always been hit hard. If you are willing to get off the beaten path and walk you will shoot a good buck every year. It gets hit hard, but mostly by lazy road hunters that torture the stupid deer!