Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Elk Hunting Drop Camp?

Old 01-16-2007, 09:27 AM

Default Elk Hunting Drop Camp?

Does anyone know of a reasonable outfitter that does drop camps for Elk Hunting in Colorado. I know of sombrero.com. Any info would be great.
Old 01-16-2007, 09:39 AM

Default RE: Elk Hunting Drop Camp?

I know of a great hunt in Idaho but it is for Archery only during the rut when they are bugling, if a guy can put up with the noise. The cost is $2,000 for 5 full days of hunting and includes airport pickup if needed. It is unguided and unlike most drop camps with many outfitters, you are not competing with his guided hunters, so you get the best areas on this hunt. You have access to thousands of acres, includes great food cooked by the guy's wife who used to be a chef in a restaurant for a friend of mine, real nice lodging, in wall tents with cots and foamies, heaters, rainfly's and wood floors. Another big plus they will get your Elk off the mountain for you if successful with either ATV's, Truck, Horses or Llama's whatever is needed. Not included is the over the counter $500 tag , good for any Elk with a bow, so you can bring home meat if unable to connect on a bull. This is tough and steep terrain but has a tremendous Elk population. You cannot outfit a hunt for yourself for this kind of money, and not have to cook your own meals and clean up afterwards, especaillywhen you just came in from hunting all day and are tired, wet and hungry. It is also nice to not have to go back out, and rent someone to come and get your Elk out for you, this will be done. You can't beat the deal. Contact me at [email protected]

Old 01-16-2007, 09:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Check with Ted Dooley at RC Guest Ranch near Creede, Co ...
Old 01-31-2007, 01:22 PM
Spike

You may want to look at Bar H Outfitters. Don't think you would go wrong. They may be all booked up for this year and part of next. We went 3-5 in 2004 and 5- 5 in 2006. Seen elk every where. Top notch outfit from start to finish.
Old 02-01-2007, 07:54 AM
RMA
Fork Horn

Crazy Horse Outfitters in Pagosa Springs CO. They treat you like family and will always go out of their way to help. Tell Willie I sent you...GREAT guy!