Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Mule deer outfitter

Old 01-13-2007, 09:41 PM

Default Mule deer outfitter

I'm looking for a good outfitter to hunt mule deer for me and my 16 year old son. My son has hunted with me in Oregon for the past few years, but hasn't connected yet. I'm looking for a place with a good chance for him on a nice buck in either MT or WY. The added challenge is I'm looking for a place that charges less then $3,000.

Any suggestions?
Old 01-14-2007, 09:01 AM

Default RE: Mule deer outfitter

Less than $3000.00 for both of you?
You are looking for a DIY hunt. Or at best, a "semi-guided" hunt.
Unfortunately, there are few reputable outfitters that are going to do it for that kind of money. There are plenty out there who will take your money, but give little in return.

Any chance you could come out west and hunt on your own? With help and guidance from posters like me? Cause what an outfitter gives you for your money are a cot, 3 squares, and a better than average chance to shoot a nice critter. No outfitter can guarantee a kill. They will guarantee putting you on animals, but then it's up to you to hit.

In Wyoming there are millions of acres of public hunting lands that include State trust land, BLM, National Forest, walk-in areas, and hunter management areas.There are also list provided to the hunter of land owners willing to let you hunt, often times for a reasonable "trespassing fee".The Wyoming G&Falso sells deer licenses through drawings that include a region, which gives you legal access to several hunt areas. For instance, Region D has 12 hunt areas in it!
Go to: http://gf.state.wy.us/downloads/pdf/...t/07NR1-13.pdffor more info. You have 'till Mar 15th to make application. And, they now have on line apps. (Not sure how good they work . . . our G&F website has morons running it!)

Sooooooooooo, My advice is; if you have a camper, and know how to cook, consider a DIY hunt.
One last thing, if you and your son are making application, be sure to fill in the app area called "Party Application Block". This feature allows more than one hunter in a party to all draw. If one draws, they all draw.

Good luck and good hunting.
Old 01-18-2007, 08:33 PM
Fork Horn

Carl Mann's Outfitting in Montana. Been with him several times. Everyone in my party has taken nice Mulies. He hunts around Fort Peck reservoir. If you can walk and shoot, he'll get you a trophy.
Old 02-06-2007, 03:51 PM

Check out Montana High Country Outfitters in NW Montana (www.montanahighcountry.com). The accommodations are excellent for father and son and the trophy opportunities are there.Hunts are under $3,000. Be in shape!

yankeeee

Old 02-06-2007, 11:27 PM
Fork Horn

My deer hunts are $2950. We are booked for 07 but it wouldn't hurt to take a look at my site and feel free to send me an email or you can call me on the toll free line. http://www.antelopeoutfitters.com/
Best of luck to you guys.
Ward
Old 02-07-2007, 09:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

I, personally, would like to know why outfitters charge so much for a hunt. Does the "value" of the hunt REALLY MATCH the "price"?
Old 02-07-2007, 10:07 AM

ORIGINAL: Monie

I, personally, would like to know why outfitters charge so much for a hunt. Does the "value" of the hunt REALLY MATCH the "price"?
Yes. The costs of operating a lodge and offering guided hunts is very expensive. If you think we, the outfitters, are getting rich, you are sorely mistaken. Just my .02.
Old 02-07-2007, 10:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the input Dan, I appreciate it!
Old 02-08-2007, 01:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

There's a great outfitter in Neveda in which the hunts cost $2,500. A friend of mine in Alabama told me about it. He said in one week he saw almost 400 deer, and I would say he must've only seen 300, but he hunted there in the 80's, and there's more deer there now than before.

I'll have to ask him the name of the outfitter, If you're interested, I canask him.
Would you like meto?
Old 02-08-2007, 02:26 PM

yes - that would be great. Also, I would need info on how to get tags etc.

Quick Reply: Mule deer outfitter

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.