Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Story time

Old 05-25-2005, 12:32 PM

Default Story time

Yawn!
Its the start of summer and I'm bored. I'm tired of the 270 debate. Lets pretend we are around the campfire. We're in the high country, the aspens are a brilliant gold. We can hear a bugle ever once in awhile. Tomorrow is the first day of our hunt. We can't sleep due to the anticipation. You know what happens next, right? Stories get told. The truth gets stretched. And some flat out lie. Anyway, tell me a good hunting story. Lots of details.
Old 05-25-2005, 12:49 PM

Default RE: Story time

stories or jokes?
I believe both get told around the campfire so I'm gonna break the ice with a joke.

What do you call a dog with no legs?

-you dont call it, you go get it.

suivant/next
Old 05-25-2005, 01:08 PM

Do you Know why its called PMS?

Because Mad Cow Disease was taken.
Old 05-25-2005, 01:15 PM

Two men went bear hunting. While one stayed in the cabin, the other went out looking for a bear. He soon found a huge bear, shot at it but only wounded it.

The enraged bear charged toward him, he dropped his rifle and started running for the cabin as fast as he could. He ran pretty fast but the bear was just a little faster and gained on him with every step. Just as he reached the open cabin door, he tripped and fell flat.

Too close behind to stop, the bear tripped over him and went rolling into the cabin.

The man jumped up, closed the cabin door and yelled to his friend inside, "You skin this one while I go and get another!"
Old 05-25-2005, 01:24 PM

Two hunters got a pilot to fly them into the far north for moose hunting. They were quite successful in their venture and bagged two big bulls. The pilot came back, as arranged, to pick them up. They started loading their gear into the plane, including the two bulls. But the pilot objected and he said, "The plane can only take one of your moose; you will have to leave one behind." They argued with him; the year before they had shot two and the pilot had allowed them to put all aboard. The plane was the same model and capacity. Reluctantly, the pilot finally permitted them to put both aboard. But when the attempted to take off and leave the valley, the little plane could not make it and they crashed into the wilderness.

Climbing out of the wreckage, one hunter said to the other, "Do you know where we are?"

"I think so," replied the other hunter. I think this is about the same place where we landed last year!"
Old 05-25-2005, 01:40 PM

haha Shato...
I laughed so hard my tummy hurts, especially the bear joke oh my god that was funny
Old 05-25-2005, 01:46 PM

There is this fella that lives down the way from me a little bit, he is unique and quit a opportunist, has a large family with little income...a survivor. Well one day he is down at the marsh hunting and he bags himself a Blue Heron (The tall long beaked birds) well he is bouncin on down the fire road back home to pluck this thing and low and behold the game warden has been watching everything and has hidden behind a tree and stops him. The warden asks for his hunting license and of coarse he dosn't have one (strike 1) The warden says well do you know what you have shot? .. A bird .. Not just a bird the warden says that is a Blue Heron strickly protected by the law (strike 2) and of coarse he was on posted property (strike 3) Well the game warden looks at him and syas Mister you are in alot of trouble here. Realizing this the fella changes tactics and pleds for mercy He says sir I didn't realize that bird was protected I am just trying to feed my wife and 6 kids, I have no job and I am about to loose my home I don't know what else could go wrong??? Well the Game warden being sensative gives in and says Sir I am going to let you go this time but I don't want to see or of hear of you being down here molesting these birds again.... Yes Sir the fella says trust me you won't .. Oh thanks you he replies . the fella starts walking down the road and the game warden is dieing to ask the question of how do those things taste? So he asks the fella in a loud voice HEY mister by the way how do those thing taste?? He replies Well they are little bit better than an Osprey but not quit as good as a Bald Eagle!!
Old 05-25-2005, 02:11 PM

Rebel,

This is a true story told by an old timer I know. It was quite a few years back. Him and his brothers went hunting for some table fare. They sneek up to this lake and there is a flock of what they thought were snow geese. They lay into them and kill a bushel basket full. As they are driving out a warden flags them down. He checks there liscenses. He got a call on his radio and gets a report that some idiots are shooting whistler swans up at the lake. He tells the guys that he has to go and rushes off. The guys take there "snow geese" home and lay them on their porch. A neighbor stopped by as they are plucking them. Thats when they where informed that there snow geese where actually whistler swans and highly endangered. WOOPS!
Old 05-25-2005, 02:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bubba and Clete went out moose huntin' one weekend. As they were heading to the cabin Bubba had a great idea. He looked at Clete and said " Lets stop and get a moose costume and a call that way we can dress up and the bulls will come walking right in". Of course Clete thought this was a great idea so they got what they needed and were on their way. The next day they're out in a pasture calling away. Bubba's in the front half while Clete is in the back just blowing on the call. Now 10 minutes after they start a monster bull steps into an opening and starts walking towards the two men in the cow costume. Bubba yells to Clete "quick, unzip the costume and take the shot". Clete wrestles frantically with the zipper but can't get it open so he asks Bubba what they should do. Bubba just starts laughing and says "well, I'm gonna stay here and pretend to eat grass but I would brace myself if I was you"
Old 05-25-2005, 02:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Three men are sitting around the campfire telling stories until they came upon the subject of painful experiences. The first man looks up and says "heck, one time I was out in a treestand 20 feet up when a swarm of bees started attacking until I fell out. Then when I hit the ground an arrow came down and stuck me right in the leg." The second man says "heck, that's nothing. One time I was out squirrel huntin' and hit a branch by accident. that branch fell down and cracked me right on the head but as I was trying to get out of the way I shot myself in the foot". The last guy just chuckled and said "my SECOND most painful experience is worse than those. Once I was out deer huntin' and had to take a crap. The only problem is I squatted right on a bear trap and it snapped shut right on the family jewels" The first two were amazed and asked "well, what the heck could be worse than that?" he looked them square in the eyes and said "well that would be when I reached the end of the chain."

Quick Reply: Story time

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.