Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Airgun Hunting
I'm now having a dialog with a certain OK game warden via email: dove death by Gamo >

I'm now having a dialog with a certain OK game warden via email: dove death by Gamo

Community
Airgun Hunting The Silent Killers - Discuss hunting with airguns, equipment, tactics, and everything else

I'm now having a dialog with a certain OK game warden via email: dove death by Gamo

Old 10-30-2021, 09:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by elkman30
I don't understand why Jones would refer to the DWC Captain as having a thick skull when the captain answered every one of his questions and was extremely helpful. Why insult the man when he went out of his way to be helpful to you with answers to all of your questions? I would imagine Oklahoma is like every other state in that the wildlife departments don't make the game laws, just enforce them. If you want to change something, you would need to contact your representative in the state legislature. It's one thing to post about issues in your state. It's entirely another thing to ask those of us who don't live in your state to find answers in your state for you. That comes across as lazy and entitled since you live in Oklahoma and we do not. Unfortunately, many of your posts come across that way--asking the rest of us to research stuff in your state. And bashing the Wildlife department captain who went out of his way to answer your questions and be helpful to you shows a distinct lack of class and manners and is just plain rude.

Also in agreement. The warden was respectful and clear, even helpful in informing the OP of something that would earn bad legal consequences.

You also hit on another thing I've noticed, too: laziness on the part of the OP. I'm not all that inclined to help someone who appears uwilling to do any of the research themselves.

Last edited by Father Forkhorn; 10-30-2021 at 09:51 AM.
Old 10-30-2021, 09:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Air rifle or air pistol shooting is good practice for the real thing and alot cheaper. A few of the main reasons are you learn the basics, trigger control, good sight picture and the big one follow-through. I've seen it many times, learn to follow through and improve your shooting.
I imagine there is some legal air rifle shooting in your state. I've had some fun popping Rats and Gophers. Sure there are going to be restrictions, city state and county.
IMO the first thing to do is to take the safety class and get a hunting license. IMO be flexible I hunt varmints and small game all the time, as much or more fun than larger game. There is only so much room in the freezer and scratching that urge to hunt can be accomplished in many ways.
Old 10-30-2021, 10:58 AM
Super Moderator

I think the doves will be safe from you.

-Jake
Old 10-30-2021, 11:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by AlongCameJones
This is America. The 1st A protects my right say "thick skull". I don't know about that particular game captain per se , but whoever in this state outlawed air guns for doves and protected the Eurasian Collared Dove doesn't seem to be the sharpest hook in the tackle box. I'm dying to hear about the Captain's reasoning before ringing the telephones of my state legislators regarding my greivances. It may even take a petition and/or a ballot initiative to get this whole hunter's air-gun rights movement rolling. Yes, I want to start rocking the boat. Does YOUR state protect the Eurasian Collared Dove and/or deny any dove species death via air gun?

Existing game laws aside, does anybody here oppose legalizing dove hunting by air gun for any moral or ethical reason? Does anybody here feel the Eurasian Collared Dove should not be protected anywhere on American soil?

This thread is not about me: it's about doves and Crosmans, Daisys, Benjamins, Gamos, Beemans, etc.
see this is exactly why you don'
t get it!

you are on a open forum talking about nonsense YOU have a problem with, and then you THINK< its NOT about YOU!
but about doves and air guns

your logic is just not making any sense!

as if you have a complaint about NOT being able to hunt doves with air rifles, this really isn;t the pl;ace to get any where,a s we DON"T have the ability to change things , and there honestly are very few folks here from OK<
AND?? as a fact NO one here from OK has even commented here??

if you wish to make a fuss on things with your state representatives, HAVE at it, but again, I highly doubt you will do anything with any real merit, as that is your pattern
you complain, talk nonsense and then never follow up on anything other than some back and forth on your topic's that don't make any real sense at all!

You avoid and NEVER answer any direct questions, to show that your actually doing anything but being a forum troll, trying to get attention and HOPING some one as odd as you will be on your side on your nonsense!
NOW some facts to maybe TRY and make you learn something
you ask is there ethical issues with using air guns,
YES there is
many of them do NOT have the ability to offer clean kills, , most all loose energy and killing power VERY FAST
which can lead to very un ethical shots being taken with air guns not up to the task

safety reason, YES< as there illegal to be fired in many places, and the fact they DON"T make much noise can possibly allow folks to NOT know folks are shooting in an area!
and I have KNOWN ,any folks that have bought air guns THINKING there SO quiet they can shoot things and NO one will know ( I SOLD air guns for a LONG time as well as REAL firearms, calls III weapons as well as explosives), so I have RAL experience here not made up watch video's and then have THOUGHTS On things)

SO< yes there are legal ethical and safety reason to NOT allow them to be used in hunting doves at times!

as for protecting invasive species, there are TONS of invasive species in the USA that are protected
m any game animals have been imported here from other countries as a FACT that have legal hunting seasons and protection
but some how you seem to lack this knowledge due to your lack of really knowing much about many things
you have a very large ego that THINKS it knows more than it does on a most all maters you have NO experience in!
non have ever done things, yet some how you feel you KNOW about them!

)O< let me ask once last time

what happened to you deer hunting, as that was a BIG deal when you first joined here, all wanting to KILL a deer for that free meat you think it offers!

NEXT have you actually taken a hunters safety course
and , did you BUY a hunting lic THIS yr

if these questions are too hard for you to answer
how this one
HOW many FELLOW Hunters do you actually KNOW well, and have experience first hand with shooting with them
are you even close friends with ANY at all??

as you mention, "MOST HUNTERS " can shoot air guns accurately
so, how many hunters have you ACTUALLY shot with to SEE this
or is this again, just something you assume but have zero first hand experience with??

I will take a guess and say you know , NO hunters personally , have never shot with any personally or not in the past 10+ ysr any how
have not taken a hunters safety course, and never even bought a hunting lic this yr to HUNT deer, and never set foot in any place you CONSIDER to hunt deer as you first wanted too!

am I right?????????
don't be scared to be honest!

Old 10-30-2021, 12:52 PM
Fork Horn

I will just see how the dialog with Captain Game Warden will continue and take it from there. Can we all dialog peacefully?

Meanwhile, I found this link:

https://www.hunter-ed.com/national/s.../201099_93060/

In most states, a wildlife management agency sets hunting regulations. These agencies will have regular meetings where the public can voice their concerns and make suggestions. Hunters wishing to propose changes to the regulations should participate in these meetings or join a hunting organization that interacts with the agency.

I might try to get active in my home state by following the suggestions of that link. Our voice does count. I will try to go to bat for all Oklahomans longing to take doves via air rifle. I will need to formulate a sound argument for my cause to the game-regs czars of my state. I will have to harp on all the virtues of air gunning. Oklahoma does allow archery equipment for dove already so the argument that others can't hear the weapon discharge out of safety concerns is not valid.

Last edited by AlongCameJones; 10-30-2021 at 01:18 PM.
Old 10-30-2021, 02:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by AlongCameJones
I will just see how the dialog with Captain Game Warden will continue and take it from there. Can we all dialog peacefully?

Meanwhile, I found this link:

https://www.hunter-ed.com/national/s.../201099_93060/

In most states, a wildlife management agency sets hunting regulations. These agencies will have regular meetings where the public can voice their concerns and make suggestions. Hunters wishing to propose changes to the regulations should participate in these meetings or join a hunting organization that interacts with the agency.

I might try to get active in my home state by following the suggestions of that link. Our voice does count. I will try to go to bat for all Oklahomans longing to take doves via air rifle. I will need to formulate a sound argument for my cause to the game-regs czars of my state. I will have to harp on all the virtues of air gunning. Oklahoma does allow archery equipment for dove already so the argument that others can't hear the weapon discharge out of safety concerns is not valid.

well what do you actually know about gunning??
you don't own one and odds are never even shot a modern one?

and the QUOTE Oklahoma does allow archery equipment for dove already so the argument that others can't hear the weapon discharge out of safety concerns is not valid. [/QUOTE]
is still a valid possible safety concern!
we all drive vehicles where we have HIGH odds of being in an accident, so its still a a valid concern and safety risk being IN an automobile , be it the driver or pass anger!

but we typically accept the risk, in order to get around in a convenient way! but there are rules on driving, to try and make the safety risk as small as possible,! but they don;t go away!

SAFETY RISKS still be present

and we ALL have been peacefully replying to your posts?

However, the only one NOT answering any questions is YOU! when being asked, even when there directly related to things you posted??
Funny how that is!
you bring up things, we ask you about them and you ignore the questions,a s if you DON"T care to be a team player or share anything other then YOUR THOUGHTS at the time you type!
not adding anything to the site or helping anyone else! always about YOU! HUMM!!

and by the way I have been to MANY state game dept meetings an drought up concerns and asked questions, and spent time getting to know many game wardens and officials , I have been very active in things I enjoy or have concerns about
once again, I have DONE things, where you seem to just YAP about them! , never following thru on anything!

and just WHAT group are you going to CLAIM you part of if you go to a meting and fight for some new rule about air guns ? ( this is again a question directly asking to you, on YOUR topic based on your words you wrote here)

I BET right now you don;'t belong to any, only thing you have is your OPINION, and some time watching videos online!
you don't even have any experience shooting an air gun, or ever hunting with one EVER!
SO< why would;d anyone believe anything your going to claim, or try to convince??
you going to just show them video's from unknowns on line??
or copy things written by others you DON"T Know?

maybe some day you will stop considering something and actually try to DO IT!

Last edited by mrbb; 10-30-2021 at 02:41 PM.
Old 10-30-2021, 02:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

also, maybe you DON"T Know this either, but BB"S also have a VERY high risk of Ricocheting, so out of air guns there NOT very good for killing things, they also don;'t expand at all!
Old 10-30-2021, 03:02 PM
Fork Horn

Having seen videos like this, pellet (not BB) rifles look very promising for harvesting fowl.

Old 10-30-2021, 03:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

And the subject is changed. You must have a lot of time and patience mrbb.
Old 10-30-2021, 08:26 PM
Fork Horn

Mrbb is just trying to spite me. If I were to say sliced bread was ideal for making sandwiches as opposed to two meadow muffins with meat and cheese between them he would still go against me. Mrbb, how do sandwiches with cow flops really taste?

Last edited by AlongCameJones; 10-30-2021 at 08:28 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.