HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - I'm now having a dialog with a certain OK game warden via email: dove death by Gamo
Old 10-30-2021, 09:06 AM
Father Forkhorn
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by elkman30
I don't understand why Jones would refer to the DWC Captain as having a thick skull when the captain answered every one of his questions and was extremely helpful. Why insult the man when he went out of his way to be helpful to you with answers to all of your questions? I would imagine Oklahoma is like every other state in that the wildlife departments don't make the game laws, just enforce them. If you want to change something, you would need to contact your representative in the state legislature. It's one thing to post about issues in your state. It's entirely another thing to ask those of us who don't live in your state to find answers in your state for you. That comes across as lazy and entitled since you live in Oklahoma and we do not. Unfortunately, many of your posts come across that way--asking the rest of us to research stuff in your state. And bashing the Wildlife department captain who went out of his way to answer your questions and be helpful to you shows a distinct lack of class and manners and is just plain rude.

Also in agreement. The warden was respectful and clear, even helpful in informing the OP of something that would earn bad legal consequences.

You also hit on another thing I've noticed, too: laziness on the part of the OP. I'm not all that inclined to help someone who appears uwilling to do any of the research themselves.

Last edited by Father Forkhorn; 10-30-2021 at 09:51 AM.