HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   2015 Turkey Contest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2015-turkey-contest-144/)
-   -   2014 Returning champs The Turkey Killers (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2015-turkey-contest/396962-2014-returning-champs-turkey-killers.html)

Phil from Maine 03-08-2015 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by blackheel (Post 4188787)
I'm game. Sorry this time of year is crazy for me. 2 big outdoors shows on back to back weekends, filling orders, regular work, and family.

It is great to hear from you blackheel !! I know how things can get you or anyone all bogged down.. We are so looking forward to this years contest !! You guys may end up carrying me this year with all the storms we have had.. The turkey populations is surely to have taken a hit this winter.. But regardless i will be doing the best I can as well.. No one knows what will happen until it is over..

Phil from Maine 03-08-2015 07:19 AM

Well guys we are now down to 3 that will hopefully be coming on board soon.. Then we will have our entire team back together again.. I have seen a few turkeys here and there but with our snow cover being a long ways from being gone it is still to early to say for sure how they have done this winter..

swampbuster 03-08-2015 06:03 PM

Hopefully there will still be a lot of birds for you to hunt Phil. I think we got until the 15th for everyone to check in

Phil from Maine 03-09-2015 02:43 PM

I am not so sure the sign up date would fully apply because we are a carry over team from last year?? I did send out a pm to all of the ones missing.. If no luck with them in a few more days i will see if a mod can help by way of e-mailing them maybe.. There is not much more I can do except to get a mod to try and get them back on..

Yes I am hoping there will be some birds to hunt this spring as well.. I did see 4 in a tree while driving to work.. Normally the yard they were in has close to a hundred this time of year. But, with all the snow and all they may just be back in the woods.. Hopefully that is the case even though I suspect a heavey kill from our weather this year.. i am hoping i am wrong..

swampbuster 03-11-2015 08:57 AM

Where all is everyone hunting this year? In a few week I'm going south to Alabama to hunt public ground. Never hunted there so I am looking forward to hunting a new state.

swampbuster 03-11-2015 07:02 PM

Went by the national Forrest to scout a new spot that I had found. A big ridge that runs east and west for two miles or so. In some spots they had the ground completely tore up. Can't wait to hunt it!!

camokenny 03-12-2015 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by swampbuster (Post 4189366)
Where all is everyone hunting this year? In a few week I'm going south to Alabama to hunt public ground. Never hunted there so I am looking forward to hunting a new state.

I will be hunting here at home in Iowa (2 tags), Nebraska (3 tags) , Missouri (2 tags). That will be 7 big ole gobblers to check in for us in the team total on all birds. Might be able to take someone to Neb this year if anyone is interested but wont know till next month. Good thing with Neb is it is open till the last day of may and you buy tags on the internet.

swampbuster 03-12-2015 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by camokenny (Post 4189521)
I will be hunting here at home in Iowa (2 tags), Nebraska (3 tags) , Missouri (2 tags). That will be 7 big ole gobblers to check in for us in the team total on all birds. Might be able to take someone to Neb this year if anyone is interested but wont know till next month. Good thing with Neb is it is open till the last day of may and you buy tags on the internet.

I love hunting Nebraska went to the pine ridge two years ago. Absolutely beautiful country!What part of Nebraska do you hunt?

Phil from Maine 03-13-2015 12:56 AM

I will be hunting up here in Maine once again.. We have been allowed 2 birds normally.. I will have to wait and see what they allow this year as the winter has been hard on them. Last year they had shut down farther north on us at the last minute.. If they keep the same laws on the books we will be able to get 2 again this year. I am hoping that they will allow us 2 birds again..

Phil from Maine 03-13-2015 01:00 AM

Originally Posted by bigc870 (Post 4188732)
We have 3 folks that are MIA

SouthernStrut56

mmorgan9812

dano111

Well guys we still have these 3 that have not signed back up as of yet.. I have contacted a mod to see if they can help asst us..