HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   2015 Turkey Contest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2015-turkey-contest-144/)
-   -   2014 Returning champs The Turkey Killers (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2015-turkey-contest/396962-2014-returning-champs-turkey-killers.html)

Talondale 03-04-2015 11:28 AM

Saw a flock of birds on my way into work this morning. Warm weather and rain is melting most the snow but more is predicted to fall tomorrow.

bigc870 03-05-2015 02:32 PM

Well guys we got about 12" of sleet and snow yesterday here in the bootheel of Missouri.

But the temps are going to be on a steady rise over the next week.

I am about tired of the snow!!!

The different places I hunt got any where from 3-6" but we have temps in the upper 20's today with lots of sunshine.

It really is about time to start seeing a few warm days because it has been very cold this year. Now I don't want 60's and 70's to much but the past couple of months we have broken so many record low's and are high temps during the day are breaking records for being the coldest high temps for that date since tracking temps began.

I just wonder if it will effect the turkeys with the weather being so cold and snow being on the ground for almost 3 weeks now. Around this part of Missouri and where I hunt we don't get much weather like we have seen this year. I just wonder if there could be more dead loss due to the weather especially the young turkeys.

I hope all the people on are team that be able to go out scouting are seeing some promising sign.

I live so far away from where I hunt I will go out 2 times to cover the ground I usually hunt scouting to see if they are around because some years they are not in one of my spots and some years it is covered up.

Phil from Maine 03-06-2015 02:25 AM

I know exactly what you are talking about bigc870!! We have had our record snowfall broken this year and still getting some here and there right now.. On my way home from work this morning the temps were hovering around 21 below.. Bbbrrrrrr.. It is supposed to be warming up here.. We did have it get to 40 above last Wens.. That was a welcomed relief but it has not stopped being cold as of yet and hopefully it will be changing soon..

I did get to see 2 turkeys roosting in a tree on my way into work which hopefully means there is more around some place near by..

swampbuster 03-06-2015 07:07 AM

We just got about 3in of sleet and snow( don't laugh to hard Phil ). Next week things are suppose to start warming up. I'm ready to start crappie fishing and scouting for turkeys.

Phil from Maine 03-06-2015 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by swampbuster (Post 4188346)
We just got about 3in of sleet and snow( don't laugh to hard Phil ). Next week things are suppose to start warming up. I'm ready to start crappie fishing and scouting for turkeys.

I hope it starts to warm up here.. It is March and should start warming up.. We are currently getting January temps right now.. That lieelt bit of sleet and snow would be nice compared with what we keep getting... lol

bigc870 03-07-2015 05:12 PM

We have 5 folks that are MIA

blackheel

SouthernStrut56

Talondale

mmorgan9812

dano111

Is it too late to check in and if not I will send a pm to them.

Also who is are team caption? Will it be the same as last year?

Phil from Maine 03-07-2015 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by bigc870 (Post 4188732)
We have 5 folks that are MIA

blackheel

SouthernStrut56

Talondale

mmorgan9812

dano111

Is it too late to check in and if not I will send a pm to them.

Also who is are team caption? Will it be the same as last year?

I believe I will still be the captain as I was last year on our team? At least I am in the belief it is me as the team gets carried over from last year.. My understanding is the team keeps everything the same way??

I am fully aware we have some members that has not come on board as of yet.. I am planning on sending them a PM .. But wanted to wait a bit longer to see if they show up..

Talondale has already came back and posted on our team thread..

Thanks

Phil from Maine 03-08-2015 04:45 AM

I just sent out a PM to those who have not signed on as of yet.. Hopefully we will hear from them soon.. I am quite sure they will all be coming back as we were the champs last year and we will be wanting to hang on that win again!! We also have a great team and a great group of guys!! I can hardly wait to see the turkeys come piling in again.. best of luck to all this year as well !!

blackheel 03-08-2015 05:41 AM

I'm game. Sorry this time of year is crazy for me. 2 big outdoors shows on back to back weekends, filling orders, regular work, and family.

swampbuster 03-08-2015 07:03 AM

Good to hear back from you blackheel!