HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   2015 Turkey Contest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2015-turkey-contest-144/)
-   -   2014 Returning champs The Turkey Killers (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2015-turkey-contest/396962-2014-returning-champs-turkey-killers.html)

jepcho 03-18-2015 03:47 PM

Hey guys, getting close now! Less than a month for me and I cant wait!! If our missing team members dont show up we should be able to get some from the alternate sign up I would think?

jepcho 03-18-2015 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by camokenny (Post 4189521)
I will be hunting here at home in Iowa (2 tags), Nebraska (3 tags) , Missouri (2 tags). That will be 7 big ole gobblers to check in for us in the team total on all birds. Might be able to take someone to Neb this year if anyone is interested but wont know till next month. Good thing with Neb is it is open till the last day of may and you buy tags on the internet.

I might be interested in going to Nebraska if it's late May. I am going there Opening week for a few days, not sure of the county but it's the north central part of the state, along the Niobrara river. I already have the habitat stamp anyways. I'm also hunting here at home in Iowa, and going to Kansas for the first time.

swampbuster 03-18-2015 05:19 PM

Sounds like a fun trip Jepcho!! Will you be hunting public or private in Nebraska?

jepcho 03-19-2015 02:17 PM

Yeah its gonna be a lot of fun. It's gonna be private land we are hunting. I'm super excited. We are going to go right from there to Kansas for a few days. Then back home to work for a week, and finally I'll finish with two tags to fill here in Iowa.

SouthernStrut56 03-19-2015 04:45 PM

I'm here. Sorry I'm late. No turkeys or gobbling for me yet, no sign of birds which is very out of sorts for this time of year. I've been very very very busy with a new baby, work, and making calls, but I will get out and hunt a good bit.

swampbuster 03-19-2015 04:50 PM

Welcome back southernstrut!! Good to hear from you.

swampbuster 03-19-2015 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by SouthernStrut56 (Post 4190561)
I'm here. Sorry I'm late. No turkeys or gobbling for me yet, no sign of birds which is very out of sorts for this time of year. I've been very very very busy with a new baby, work, and making calls, but I will get out and hunt a good bit.

What part of Alabama do you hunt?

SouthernStrut56 03-19-2015 07:17 PM

Cleburne and Randolph counties mostly......calling for some guys tomorrow in lee county. How bout you?

swampbuster 03-19-2015 07:57 PM

Next week I am planning on going down and hunting around Tuscaloosa. I'm not hearing good reports coming from down there. So don't know if I will go or not. If you hear of any reports on gobbling please pass it along.

SouthernStrut56 03-20-2015 03:22 AM

Yeah not much going on yet. I walked 5 miles last weekend in the talladega NF and heard nothing. I'm standing on a hill in the Tuskegee NF now.