Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2015 Turkey Contest
2014 Returning champs The Turkey Killers >

2014 Returning champs The Turkey Killers

Community

2014 Returning champs The Turkey Killers

Old 04-23-2015, 12:28 PM
Boone & Crockett

Well guys I am now seeing birds.. Yesterday 4 toms total all different birds!! This morning after working last night I had to take a 2 hour drive to Bangor. On the way I saw a small group of hens standing in the rain.. So I checked them out for a quick minute.. Yessa there was a big tome with them.. That should give me a new place to hunt in.. Then on my way back home I saw a bearded hen.. It had a decent beard on her it was just real skinny looking.. Then i saw 2 jakes a short while later.. So the birds appear to be doing pretty good. I can hardly wait to be able to get out there at them on the 4th..

I know it is getting closer and with all the rain we are getting the snow should be gone and hopefully some green grass will start breaking threw soon.. The birds should be coming out every where pretty quickly.. So it appears as though the captain maybe doing alright again this year?? But, as we all know any thing can happen.. Good luck everyone out there hunting we will get some more birds yet !! Keep at em guys !!!
Old 04-24-2015, 06:14 PM
Typical Buck

Going back out in the morning, starting to feel better. It has been raining most all afternoon. It's suppose to be sunny in the morning should be a pretty morning!
Old 04-24-2015, 06:46 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by swampbuster
Going back out in the morning, starting to feel better. It has been raining most all afternoon. It's suppose to be sunny in the morning should be a pretty morning!
I am glad to hear that you are starting to feel better.. I hope you can shake it soon.. Good luck on your hunt tomorrow morning we are all routing for you !!

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 04-25-2015 at 11:02 PM.
Old 04-25-2015, 04:59 AM
Fork Horn

I head out of state tomorrow. Not hearing the best reports but wish me luck!
Old 04-25-2015, 06:09 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by blackheel
Good luck blackheel, were are you going?
Old 04-25-2015, 06:12 AM
Typical Buck

Got one this morning!!! Great to finally kill the first turkey of the season!! Post pics and story later. I'm still in the woods.
Old 04-25-2015, 07:02 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by blackheel
Good luck to you blackheel !!! Those reports can mean nothing.. All it takes is the right moment at the right time!!
Old 04-25-2015, 07:03 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by swampbuster
Got one this morning!!! Great to finally kill the first turkey of the season!! Post pics and story later. I'm still in the woods.

Congrats swampbuster !! I am glad you had made it out and to score to boot way to go.. We can hardly wait to hear the story !!!
Old 04-25-2015, 04:10 PM
Typical Buck

This morning I had planned on hunting a big ridge that runs east/ west for several miles. Pulled up and a truck is parked there, so I went down to the next road and started walking. Walked for a good ways stopped to see were I was on my iPhone map, and I heard one gobble twice. I had already walked past him, so I headed back towards were I came from crossed the creek and started climbing up the hill. He would gobble once every five or ten minutes. I finally got on the same plane as him, and he was heading my way. I just sat down and called softly one time( I don't think he even heard me) he just kept walking right towards me so I just sat there and waited. I eventually saw him and he gobbled at forty yards. I shot him at 30yds. The first shot hit him and he went to running around in circles. After several follow up shots and a brief struggle between man and turkey I finally emerged victorious. He weighed 19lbs 13oz. 9.5in beard. Matching 3/4 in Spurs.
Attached Thumbnails 2014 Returning champs The Turkey Killers-image.jpg  
Old 04-25-2015, 04:14 PM
Typical Buck

For some reason I can only download one pic at a time.
Attached Thumbnails 2014 Returning champs The Turkey Killers-image.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.