Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2015 Turkey Contest
2014 Returning champs The Turkey Killers >

2014 Returning champs The Turkey Killers

Community

2014 Returning champs The Turkey Killers

Old 05-02-2015, 01:00 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by swampbuster
Well, back at it again in the morning. Suppose to be another beautiful morning! Cool, calm and sunny! Hopefully they will be lonely and looking for company!
Good luck to you swampbuster !! Hope you get a big one!
Old 05-02-2015, 01:04 AM
Boone & Crockett

Well today youth day opens up here and then I will be out there bright and early trying my luck.. Should be a calm and clear day according to the weatherman with temps hitting 70 for the day. The green grass is starting to grow and hopefully the birds will co-operate..

Good luck everyone out there still hunting!!
Old 05-02-2015, 04:23 AM
Fork Horn

Congrats on the upgrade kelly!

Good to hear from you bigc870!

Good luck to everyone that is still hunting. Not sure if I will get anymore hunting in here in NC. Have 1 week left but limited opportunity. Might be hard for me to upgrade unless I get a real stud or multiple beards!
Old 05-02-2015, 05:27 AM
Typical Buck

I'm in the woods trying to wait one out. I got on a new ridge that I have not been on yet. Got up here this morning didn't hear anything at first. I started heading east and heard a turkey gobbling in front of me. I got as close as I dared and softly called to him. He did gobble but not right away as if was answering my call. I put my decoy out and eased back to my tree. I would stop and scratch the leaves on the way there to sound like a turkey. I sat down and the squirrels started barking. The next time he gobbled he was a good ways east. I don't know if he saw me or the squirrels barking made him nervous, or I guess he could be following a hen. I followed him, and he just gobbled two more times but he is still in front of me. I'm at a good pinch point I will just sit here and wait and see what happens.
Old 05-02-2015, 07:21 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by blackheel

Have 1 week left but limited opportunity. Might be hard for me to upgrade unless I get a real stud or multiple beards!
I am hoping bigc870 has some luck as well as myself.. That should move us ahead if that happens ,, But, one never knows with everyone out there hunting.. Good luck guys.. Keep at em if you can as it all helps in the final tally and any up grades would sure helps as well.
Old 05-02-2015, 07:22 AM
Boone & Crockett

Good luck swampbuster.. One never knows how a turkey will react..
Old 05-02-2015, 11:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well guys I was able to score again and I definitely upgraded my score! I'll post pics and the story tonight. Still hunting trying to get my cousin one and possibly fill my last tag of the season. Here are his stats.

23lbs, 10.625" beard and 1" spurs.
Total score of 64.25.
Iowa eastern with a shotgun around 8 am this morning, may 2nd.
Old 05-02-2015, 11:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck swampbuster! Roll another one!
Old 05-02-2015, 11:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Phil, I just emailed you the pics of my bird from this morning. Hope that's ok. I don't see where I can post them from my phone.
Old 05-02-2015, 01:31 PM
Boone & Crockett

Congrats again jepco ! This will surely be of some help as well!! No problem with e-mailing me the pics.. I most likely will not be getting them posted until tomorrow as I am at work right now.. I will get your bird scored though.. Again congrats to you !!!

This bird moves us 10 points closer !! Way to go !

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 05-02-2015 at 01:42 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.