Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2015 Turkey Contest
2014 Returning champs The Turkey Killers >

2014 Returning champs The Turkey Killers

Community

2014 Returning champs The Turkey Killers

Old 04-09-2015, 01:03 PM
Typical Buck

Anyone know how far behind we are? I know team 3 has several birds down. Team 2 has a few as well. I think we only have one team member that has a open season. I think most of our seasons open up late.
Old 04-09-2015, 01:35 PM
Super Moderator

My season opened on Monday. I was going to head out to give it a go Saturday morning but there are heavy thunderstorms forecasted so its kinda up in the air at the moment.
Old 04-09-2015, 02:26 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by kellyguinn
My season opened on Monday. I was going to head out to give it a go Saturday morning but there are heavy thunderstorms forecasted so its kinda up in the air at the moment.
Well good luck if you do make it out to the woods.
Old 04-09-2015, 03:00 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by kellyguinn

Good Luck if you get a chance to give them a try.. I know those storms down your way can be really bad at times.. So why take the chance when your safety can be at stake.. Hopefully if you can not make it out there you can at another day.. Good luck hunting and stay safe..
Old 04-09-2015, 03:03 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by swampbuster
Anyone know how far behind we are? I know team 3 has several birds down. Team 2 has a few as well. I think we only have one team member that has a open season. I think most of our seasons open up late.
I am not sure yet how the other teams are doing. I do know they have been posting some birds though.. But, they all did before us last year as well if I can recall it right.. Most all of us have seasons running later on.. So hopefully we can pull it off like last year and sweep things up from behind.. I will see what they have after I get off nights so that we will have an idea on what we maybe up against..

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 04-09-2015 at 09:39 PM.
Old 04-09-2015, 03:07 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by swampbuster
We will definitely be out Sunday morning. Hopefully we can get on one then if not Saturday
Good luck to your and your daughter out there Sunday or if you can squeeze in a little time Saturday.. Either way good Luck to you both and we hope she can nail a nice one! I keep forgetting that most states allow Sunday hunting now.. We still can not even though some bills have been put in. This state's hunting is mostly on private land and the landowners do not want people hunting 7 days a week on their land.. So every time it gets brought up more land gets posted.. Just can not win it with them..
Old 04-09-2015, 04:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah I'm not too worried about being down in the contest now, we will get our birds. We just need seasons to open up. I'm 9 days from having my chance at my first of the year and I cant wait!! Gonna hunt Saturday with my brother for the final weekend of youth season, then my dad has a tag for 1st season here, so I'll be out starting Monday with him trying to get him a bird. Then finally on April 18th I'll be at it!
Old 04-09-2015, 06:22 PM
Spike

I am not worry about the other teams right now. Like it was said before we have only one person hunting right now.

April 20th my season opener is in sight, it doesn't seem all that long ago when I checked in and thought turkey season is a long way off. I know for alot of us we are less than 2 weeks out.

I was out shooting some Magnum blends and forgot just how hard that they kick!! I was setting and it all most put me on my back. My Hevi shot #6's don't kick near as much as the Mag. Blends. Does anyone know why that the blends kick so hard and the standard single shot size hevi shot don't kick as much? Same powder load.
Old 04-09-2015, 09:44 PM
Boone & Crockett

May 4th for me and hopefully the snow will have just left by then.. That will make locating and calling them much easier.. At least that is what I am thinking.. My field up back is still 2 to 3 feet deep.. It is all like ice pellets now from all the melting and freezing it has been doing.. Early in the morning I can walk on top of it.. I am not used to walking on tope of this much snow.. But, it does make it better for the turkeys to get around better..
Old 04-10-2015, 05:28 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by bigc870
I am not worry about the other teams right now. Like it was said before we have only one person hunting right now.

April 20th my season opener is in sight, it doesn't seem all that long ago when I checked in and thought turkey season is a long way off. I know for alot of us we are less than 2 weeks out.

I was out shooting some Magnum blends and forgot just how hard that they kick!! I was setting and it all most put me on my back. My Hevi shot #6's don't kick near as much as the Mag. Blends. Does anyone know why that the blends kick so hard and the standard single shot size hevi shot don't kick as much? Same powder load.
I also shoot the magnum blends, and they do have a bite to them. I have not shot the hevi 6s. Those magnum blends puts em down.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.