Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2012 Turkey Contests
2012 HNI Spring Turkey Contest Champions Team 4 Beard Bandits >

2012 HNI Spring Turkey Contest Champions Team 4 Beard Bandits

Community

2012 HNI Spring Turkey Contest Champions Team 4 Beard Bandits

Old 04-21-2012, 05:58 AM
Fork Horn

SS56 - Family is exactly why I didn't hunt this am. Been gone for work since Sunday and got home yesterday evening. Having a family day today. If I didn't have a 2 hr ride to my closest birds, I might have squeezed one in though. Good luck with the little girl!
Old 04-21-2012, 11:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by doetrain
SS56 Great to hear about the baby girl on the way,thats enough to make any spring a great spring. I pray that wife and daughter will be kept healthy during the process and that your joy may be full as you share this wonderful,magical moment together. You got your priorities right team mate. If the Lord is pleased to bless you with a Tom well it would be a good thing as well. Sounds like your going to have to get aggressive down there if you get another hunt or two in your busy schedule. Regardless we count you a team mate non the less and maybe those of us waiting for our season to open will bag big enough birds to equal out to you getting one. Psalm 127:3,4,5
Well said doe, I appreciate it. I hope we can edge out the other teams with a few more good birds. And yes, I'm gonna throw everything but the sink at em this coming week. Hopefully I'll have time to get some of the fields cut and maybe disk up some areas tomorrow. Weather people are calling for good clear weather next week, but they're wrong about 99% of the time here lately.......meteorologist, easiest job in the world.

Family day here too blackheel. We've gotten a lot done, and I've been able to turn out a few calls on the lathe as well. Watching baby kick on mama's stomach a lot too.........kinda sci-fi like!

I'm gonna try to get a hunt in tomorrow morning so maybe something will happen.
Old 04-21-2012, 01:00 PM
Super Moderator

Yes indeed family comes first. You will score Blake I have complete confidence in you.
Old 04-21-2012, 01:08 PM
Super Moderator

Opening day of the Indiana youth season. I went with my buddy Ed and his stepson Arin. We got set up decoys out. Things are looking good. Nice morning to hunt. Then off to the left about 100 yards away, one lit the morning up. He carried on for a good 20 minutes, then another fired off. So its time for fly down and I did a fly down cackle. WOW what a response. Then I did some soft yelps and he flew down into the field. Here he comes closing the distance to 60 yards. Wait he sees the B-Mobile oh no he's going in the woods. So with some soft purrs and clucks he walks inside the woods to 20 yards. Arin took the shot. He put the wammy on the tom. It weighed 19 1/2 lbs had 3/4 in spurs and an 8 3/4 in beard. What an awesome start to the day...
Old 04-21-2012, 01:10 PM
Super Moderator

Back to Missouri in the morning. I can feel the rush coming. Indiana season opens Wednesday. Dang I love to turkey hunt...
Old 04-21-2012, 02:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Arrowmaster
Opening day of the Indiana youth season. I went with my buddy Ed and his stepson Arin. We got set up decoys out. Things are looking good. Nice morning to hunt. Then off to the left about 100 yards away, one lit the morning up. He carried on for a good 20 minutes, then another fired off. So its time for fly down and I did a fly down cackle. WOW what a response. Then I did some soft yelps and he flew down into the field. Here he comes closing the distance to 60 yards. Wait he sees the B-Mobile oh no he's going in the woods. So with some soft purrs and clucks he walks inside the woods to 20 yards. Arin took the shot. He put the wammy on the tom. It weighed 19 1/2 lbs had 3/4 in spurs and an 8 3/4 in beard. What an awesome start to the day...
Way to go guys! I was going to take a young man out myself but he decided a free trip to Wyoming for 6 weeks was worth missing the youth season opener. Can't say I blame him for choosing the wild west trip to see his brother a real Cowboy on a real 5000 acre ranch.
Old 04-21-2012, 03:49 PM
EFH
Typical Buck

ok guys, called in #3 and made his head pop! Going to post pics as soon as I can.
Spurs: 1-5/16" and 1-3/8"
Beard: 10-1/8"
17.5 lbs
Old 04-21-2012, 03:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Way to stay at it ss56,,,congrats on the little one.........Arrow nothing like helping a youth out....
Old 04-21-2012, 06:18 PM
Super Moderator

EFH Bird # 3 and this bird has some good hooks.

Old 04-21-2012, 06:19 PM
Super Moderator

Heres the hooks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.