Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2012 Turkey Contests
Team 1 Spurminators Defending 2011 Champs >

Team 1 Spurminators Defending 2011 Champs

Community

Team 1 Spurminators Defending 2011 Champs

Old 04-16-2012, 01:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Looks like most of you guys are finally getting to hunt. Good luck to everyone. I'm still debating whether to go to Texas this weekend or wait for another weekend.
Old 04-16-2012, 04:18 PM
Fork Horn

One more week one more week one more week!!! Do get to take a young boy out this sat and sun though for youth season. Looking forward to that. Keep it up team!!!
Old 04-17-2012, 06:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've got a little over a week to go. I start next Thursday. Putting in for time off now to avoid any BS that may come up next week. Where I work, the BS can sneak up on you fast.
Old 04-17-2012, 05:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Went out today and saw 8 turkeys in all. One really nice tom that I got some film of and then three jakes with hens.

The tom wasn't too interested. I always have trouble calling in a big tom in the evening.

Might try going out tomorrow... Gotta play it by the weather. Calling rain but who knows.
Old 04-18-2012, 07:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Keep after him Pope. I will be off to Texas Saturday morning to hunt the LBJ Grasslands. I'll hunt until Monday afternoon or until I fill my last Texas tag. I killed a couple good longbeards there a few years ago. Last year wasn't good at all there. I did see quite a few jakes though, so there should be some 2 yr. olds running around. Hopefully the hunting pressure has lightened up a little. This will be it for me for the 2012 season. Alright guys, lets kill some birds and get back in this contest.
Old 04-19-2012, 06:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Oh I will dont worry. I have till the middle of May for my season. I hunt with a bow.

Went out the other night and saw a few hens and a tom. Also had a tom just over the hill from me that gobbled twice but I didn't hear from him again. Heck im having a fun time just filming the turkeys.

If any of you guys dont know, Me and a friend made a little hunting team the end of last year and we're called the Iowa Buck Men. We have tshirts and we are going to be working on creating an online webshow with a several episodes throughout the year. Also we are coming out with a camera arm and other filming accessories sometime this summer. Website link is in my signature if any of you guys are interested in checking us out.
Old 04-23-2012, 01:17 AM
Typical Buck

This is a weid season here in KY., birds hit the ground and shut up, I along with a some others think most of the breeding took place last month with the warm temps. In March I saw two toms breeding hens and now once the toms are on the ground they are alone. Hens have been going to nest, hopefully I can pull something off within the next two weeks. Has anyone else had this trouble else where ? Good Hunting.
Old 04-23-2012, 04:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

RJP, your not the only one. Our turkeys are strange this year too. They gobble and gobble but when you call back they dont come. Ive only seen one of the toms so far strut out acting like he wants some. The hens are always in a hurry to get into the timbers. I think the weather we had this winter and spring might have something to do with it. Everything is early.

Sunday I got back from south dakota around 4:30 ish.. I let the dog out of the garage and went straight to my pick up to hurry out into the field. Haha I didn't even unlock the house yet. Got out to the field and in my blind, got the camera all set up and the blind adjusted to where I wanted it. Then I start looking through my bag and grab my call and my release.. But no release!! I lost it.. I haven't shot my bow with fingers in a loooong time so I just headed back home. I had things to do anyway. thankfully my dad has a release in his bow case.

Hopefully I can get out this week sometime.. Soo much going on its hard to even find time too.
Old 04-23-2012, 11:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Glad I checked the CT regs. I thought the season opened the same day as RI, which is the 26th. Turns out CT starts one day sooner! I'll be in the woods Wednesday Morning! Licenses and tags all covered, gotta grab some gear from the deer pack and put into the turkey vest, gotta wash some camo and apply tick spray tonight... Getting Psyched! It is wierd how everything is already green and the season hasn't started yet.
Old 04-23-2012, 03:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck in CT. Keep after them guys.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.