Community

Team 2 Check In Freak Nasty

Old 11-23-2012, 06:25 AM
Super Moderator

Yes, the rifle season is done. I did get out 1 morning, and could have tagged 8 of the 11 does I saw. 2 small bucks were less than 5 yds from me. Hard to go hunting when I have clients in the woods. It just goes against my grain to hunt, when I am trying to get them a good buck. I will have more time during the M/L season. I leave Sunday for the gun season in Kansas. (guiding, not hunting) There are some awesome bucks out there.

Hope everyone had a Blessed Thanksgiving!!!
Old 11-24-2012, 03:53 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Alltlk4
Our Rifle Season closes tomorrow and I am done with the rifle, I did not get my buck but I plan to get the ML out and give it a go next month when that opens up. I was able to score us a doe, here it is, do I need to submit it to the official sheet?
I will make sure
Old 11-25-2012, 02:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey guys...back in town. I took a couple does, and my son got a doe. We didn't see any bucks we wanted to shoot but had a great time. My dad and nephew both killed nice 7pt bucks, and I got a nice bobcat too!

I'll get all the pics posted up soon, hopefully tomorrow.
Old 11-25-2012, 02:42 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by WV Hunter
Hey guys...back in town. I took a couple does, and my son got a doe. We didn't see any bucks we wanted to shoot but had a great time. My dad and nephew both killed nice 7pt bucks, and I got a nice bobcat too!

I'll get all the pics posted up soon, hopefully tomorrow.

Atta boy WV
Old 11-26-2012, 07:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good job putting some critters on the ground, folks! Keep it up!
Old 11-26-2012, 07:50 AM
Super Moderator

Congrats on all the harvests so far. Every bit helps.

I rarely catch a cold, but seem to be locking in my cold for the season. Good to have it out of the way early. Feels like I've been swallowing sandpaper. lol
Old 11-26-2012, 07:57 PM
Super Moderator

WV and Gman, when you get some pics posted, we'll get our score updated, It should add another 150 to our score and bring us to 309 3/8. Wish m/l would get here sooner. lol I'm going on a doe frenzy. hahaha If a good buck comes through, all the merrier.
Old 11-27-2012, 12:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Got our deer put in the score thread. Here are some pics from this past week...

My 12yo daughter got her first deer ever the Sat before last, and a buck at that! She was pumped! (Maybe almost as much as proud papa! LOL) She made a 40yd shot with a .243 and he basically went nowhere, staggered around for about 3-4 seconds going maybe 20-30yds. Proud of my little girl! What a perfect first buck...

Here is my son's doe (gman19). Made about a 50yd shot, put her right down with the .243 He passed a few smaller bucks, didn't see any he wanted to shoot last week. He'll be back out more this season, he may connect on a buck yet. He's only shot 4 bucks ever (and like 6 or 7 does)....but just doesn't have the itch to kill a small rack buck anymore. He said he'd rather shoot a doe and wait for em to get bigger. I told him that is great, as long as he's happy I'm good with whatever he wants to do. Kinda suprised he made that transition already, he just turned 15 2 weeks ago. Took me till about 30yrs old and killing about 50 small bucks before I did it. The spot on this does head looked to us to be a fairly fresh scar from what looked to be a .22 bullet wound. Likely the scum road hunters around our place.

Here is a doe I shot, I shot a couple last week. I didn't see any bucks worth shooting other than one that I jumped to my nephew. I couldn't get a shot, but he put em down. Nice 7pt, prob in the 100" range. We had a good week, took about 15 deer total. My dad also got a nice 7pt as well.

I'll still be at it, we have more than a month left. I'll probably shoot another doe or two, and hopefully a decent buck will stroll by. Hoping the one here by my house is still alive, he's pretty nice for this area. Will head back to our cabin for muzzleloader for sure, maybe for doe only season also.

Good luck guys...lets get some more on the ground! We can win this thing, I know it!

Last edited by WV Hunter; 11-27-2012 at 12:51 PM.
Old 11-28-2012, 03:56 PM
Typical Buck

Saweet triple header I will record them
Old 11-29-2012, 03:51 PM
Typical Buck

Ok the Smoke Pole Season is here I am headin out Sunday and going till next Sat.
I am so pumped the boys and I have such a good time at this camp it is a highlight of my year each time.
Regardless of the outcome it is a hoot but I hope to due us proud
Keep ya posted lads!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.