Team 1 check in

Old 09-22-2012, 11:08 AM
Fork Horn

I like Aces-in-the-hole for a team name. This could define our team's compeitive spirit until the very end of this competition as we hunt til last sundown.
Old 09-24-2012, 01:19 AM
Fork Horn

I hunted Saturday morning and saw one spike buck. Seems that since the temps have cooled down my sightings went down also.............strange. I plan on trying to get some afternoon hunts this week if I can break away from work. How is it going for everyone else.

Members, we have a new rule change this year. Everyone will be allowed one doe to count for your score. The points awarded after the pic that includes you, your doe and your bow will be 25 points.

The above is straight from Fieldmouse "Contest moderator". So whack those doe gents.

Dave

Last edited by SouthernMDArcherer; 09-24-2012 at 01:28 AM.
Old 09-24-2012, 04:24 PM
Fork Horn

Doe down gents...................25 points for us, will get pics up soon. Story: Decided to set up in a group of about 30 oaks which are dropping acorns like rain. At 6:45 P.M I had 3 doe come in feeding. Doe presented a twentynine yard shot. I aimed for the heart noticing she was acting a little on edge expecting her to drop some when she heard the shot. Well.................she did not drop an inch, heart shot her, ran 30 yards and watched her pileup.

Dave
Old 09-24-2012, 07:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Awesome, Way to go Dave, Still a couple weeks before I will get out...
Old 09-24-2012, 08:49 PM
Fork Horn

Congrats Dave, nice to balance the herd. I'm heading out this weekend for the first time and hope to repeat your feat as I've scored a doe the first weekend of October the past three years on my first sit of the season. Way to get us on the board.
Old 09-25-2012, 03:49 AM
Fork Horn

Sorry for crappy pics folks but my camera died and had to use sons Cell Phone. Doe registered in point checkin thread, 25 points to start us off.

Dave
Old 09-25-2012, 04:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by W9ARcher
I like Aces-in-the-hole for a team name. This could define our team's compeitive spirit until the very end of this competition as we hunt til last sundown.
i agree
great name... sums it up
Old 09-25-2012, 08:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am down with "Aces in the Hole". Wish I had known you got 25 points for a doe!!! I stuck a doe Saturday evening, but took no pics and she is now chilling in the freezer. Would pics of me, my bow, and some backstraps do? Ahhh...I oughta arrow at least one more doe before all is said and done.
Old 09-25-2012, 08:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

As for the story on my bow kill, two young does eased through some thick junk...I took a good look with the binos to be certain they weren't buttons while they were still fairly concealed in the undergrowth. As soon as the lead doe stepped out of the stuff, I double-lunged her at 26 yards. Clipped the top of the heart as well. Ran about 35 yards, stood there for a minute, and crumpled. Gotta love it!
Old 09-25-2012, 09:04 AM
Fork Horn

Almost forgot to mention, I switched to the Montec CS this year. I am really impressed with the performance so far, shot exactly the same as field points right out of the box. Shot the doe at 29 yards, broke bone going in and out, complete pass through, not bad for a 62 lb bow and an old man with a bad shoulder))). Seeing the deer fall I did not bother to check the bloodtrail, guess I will do that next time.

The broadhead had no chips or bending, resharpen, shot it at the target and still flies true. Resharpen again and put back in quiver. I also wanted to report on the Nocturnal nocks, I wear glasses and at low light I can see well enough to see my pin and shoot but can not always see the arrows flight. The Nocturnal really helped lastnight, being able to see the arrows flight let me know exactly were I hit the deer. This allows in my opinion a better idea of how long to let the deer lay before tracking "better insight of impact point". I am now sold on the Nocturnals and on my way back from the butcher I bought six more))).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.