Team 1 check in

Old 11-04-2012, 09:56 AM
Fork Horn

Sound like the action is starting to pick up. I saw a few small bucks in Ohio this week but just a few basket racks. Still havent had a doe come close enough. I went home to Indiana this weekend... way to much standing corn. Saw a small buck pushing a doe through the woods one evening and a doe this morning. Definitely starting to rut but the corn makes it really tough they use it like its a woods. Looks like we'll have some nice weather this week hopefully the farmers can get most of the corn off. Gonna get a lot of time in the stand here soon my last day of class is this wednesday and I dont start back up again til january.
Old 11-05-2012, 04:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

passed on a few little does over the weekend... waiting for the bucks to show up here... a few small ones shot by buddies over the weekend... couple guys laid eyes on some goodones... but no luck.
i won't be out much this week, but heading to KY on Thrus to hunt Sat - Tues with rifle.
Would much rather be bowhunting, but going with some family.

We shall see.
Old 11-05-2012, 01:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Got out this past weekend and saw a bunch of bucks again, had one bed down 40 yards behind me and another 8 come up behind me and picked me out at 15 yards. I know that I should have waited to see what he would do instead of rushing to get ready for the shot. Live and learn. I also saw a monster about 150 yards walking along the fence line. I could tell he was a giant even before I glassed him...
Old 11-06-2012, 05:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

Gonna try to sneak out tonight one more time before I leave for KY Thurs AM. Got a storm coming in tomorrow sometime, but can't hunt at all tomorrow... or i'll pay for it dearly from wife and kids since I am leaving the next day! lol.
I'll keep you posted on tonight. Buddy hit a big buck last night... thinks in liver... backed out and let him lay... going back in now to look... i was up all night for him!
Old 11-06-2012, 06:02 AM
Typical Buck

Good luck WMA - let us know how it worked out.

Bucks are moving in daylight, but I've drawn blanks my last three trips into the woods.

-fsh
Old 11-07-2012, 04:01 AM
Giant Nontypical

Went yesterday afternoon. Had a doe and 2 little ones come in... did get a pic of a 2.5 yo 7 pt cruising thru early Monday AM... 1st buck on cam in this spot this year...
buddy found his buck he shot... but the coyotes found him first. HUGE old buck for MA... this is as big as they get for around here... actually much bigger... a 100" deer here is the talk of the town! Congrats to my buddy Jery.. Hunts hard.. puts his time in... he earned and deserves this one!
Old 11-07-2012, 05:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

It's heating up here... another buddy shot a nice half rack 8 pt this AM... nice right side... the other side looks like it was stunted... said there was a tumor on his scrotum... so maybe that had something to do with it... big deer though.. prob 170lb or so... would prob be about a 120" deer.
As he was gutting it a doe ran by with another smaller 8 in tow at 7 yards.
it's on here apparently.
Old 11-09-2012, 06:20 AM
Fork Horn

Went home to Indiana last night and I'm glad I did. Saw 3 bucks last night and 3 or 4 this morning including this 6 pointer I shot. I had a bigger 8 point come in range earlier but I could never get a clear shot. Saw this guy milling around and gave him a bleat from my can call and he came in and gave me bout a ten yard shot. Double lunged him and watched him fall from the stand.

Old 11-09-2012, 06:39 AM
Typical Buck

Congrats Brent! Well done!

-fsh
Old 11-09-2012, 10:06 AM
Fork Horn

Been seeing some good action in MO. Had three different bucks come by yesterday but no shot on the legal one. Rifle season opens tomorrow so who knows where the bucks will be after that.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.