HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Team 1 check in
Thread: Team 1 check in
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2012, 09:04 AM
SouthernMDArcherer
Fork Horn

Almost forgot to mention, I switched to the Montec CS this year. I am really impressed with the performance so far, shot exactly the same as field points right out of the box. Shot the doe at 29 yards, broke bone going in and out, complete pass through, not bad for a 62 lb bow and an old man with a bad shoulder))). Seeing the deer fall I did not bother to check the bloodtrail, guess I will do that next time.

The broadhead had no chips or bending, resharpen, shot it at the target and still flies true. Resharpen again and put back in quiver. I also wanted to report on the Nocturnal nocks, I wear glasses and at low light I can see well enough to see my pin and shoot but can not always see the arrows flight. The Nocturnal really helped lastnight, being able to see the arrows flight let me know exactly were I hit the deer. This allows in my opinion a better idea of how long to let the deer lay before tracking "better insight of impact point". I am now sold on the Nocturnals and on my way back from the butcher I bought six more))).