Community
View Poll Results: Doe harvests accepted?
yes
85.71%
no
14.29%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Team Pass Thru - #7

Old 09-17-2012, 01:37 AM
Fork Horn

Evenings have definatly been best for me. It seems the deer are more concentrated in the evening as they travel to their feeding areas. I have had success in the morning but I don't see quite as much traffic as the evening hunt...14 more days!
Old 09-17-2012, 04:03 PM
Typical Buck

Just checkin in fellas. Long weekend here & still trying to get over a wicked hangover. I turned 36 this weekend & decided to tie one on Saturday nite. I'm still paying for it today. I'm just getting to old for this ****.

But on a good note, the wife & boys got me a set of Ameristep climbing sticks that I've been wanting. Also bought myself a game cart. So all in all a great weekend & only two more weeks till opening day. 8)
Old 09-17-2012, 04:10 PM
Fork Horn

Happy Birthday Jason! Those sticks ought to get you nice and high to be undetected!
Old 09-17-2012, 04:18 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Outdoorcountry
Happy Birthday Jason! Those sticks ought to get you nice and high to be undetected!
Thanks man, I appreciate it. Yea, I'm psyched about the sticks. I've found several cool spots that just don't work with my climber, so these should do the trick.
Old 09-17-2012, 04:28 PM
Typical Buck

congrats on the b-day jason, when u are huntin alone those carts sure save a guy.
Old 09-17-2012, 04:46 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks man.

Well, my plan is to use the sticks with my climber instead of my old lock ons & use the game cart to haul both my climber & the sticks to my sets & save my back for hauling out the deer. 8)
Old 09-17-2012, 04:51 PM
Typical Buck

These trees out here wont allow i climber so all i use is hang-ons, I just built three hang ons this summer, but they are so heavy i am going to have to use a hand line to hang-em
Old 09-17-2012, 04:57 PM
Fork Horn

Sounded like you had a good time... Shakin the hang over doesnt get any easier the older you get that much is certain...
Old 09-17-2012, 05:00 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by sdhunter11
These trees out here wont allow i climber so all i use is hang-ons, I just built three hang ons this summer, but they are so heavy i am going to have to use a hand line to hang-em
I've always hunted out of lock ons but I bought a Summit climber last year & after sitting in it the entire season, Im not going back to my back breaking lock ons. That Summit is like a recliner at 25'.
Old 09-17-2012, 05:03 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by jemrami9
Sounded like you had a good time... Shakin the hang over doesnt get any easier the older you get that much is certain...
Ain't that the truth. I don't bounce back from a nite of drinking like I use to. Though it was a blast, I'm just not up to it any more.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.