Community
View Poll Results: Doe harvests accepted?
yes
85.71%
no
14.29%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Team Pass Thru - #7

Old 09-07-2012, 10:56 AM
Typical Buck

We got another good soaking again here this morning. We've gotten more rain in the last week than we did all summer. Got out & drove around the property with the boys for a couple hours & saw a few turkey & does with yearlings in tow. The Alfalfa is looking awesome, super green & lush, but the beans are on their way out.
Old 09-07-2012, 02:47 PM
Typical Buck

That alfalfa has got to be a hot spot for ya!
Old 09-07-2012, 03:20 PM
Fork Horn

Evening! Nice pix there, looks like a good buck! Yes, definitely next time around I will get the taping and measuring done correctly. My neighbor said he would be more than happy to help me out with that. Definitey got the itch now though thats for sure. Going to run out to the woods tomorrow quick to get somework done for my gun season stand. Going to avoid my valley this time around and let the camera hang till I get back from AZ in a week and change....
Old 09-07-2012, 04:45 PM
Typical Buck

I have been really touchy with my cam too, i dont want to disturb anything by setting it and checking it. I still think spending time glassing from afar is the best way to go.
Old 09-07-2012, 05:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

The hot spot that I'm hoping to hunt is questionable if I want to check the cam. next Saturday is opening day but Im not 100% sure if its evening or morning when its most active. So I may have to break down and check it. But the way I'm thinking, and this is kind of backed by some of my pics, is I'm spreading some of scent in a peaceful manner. All the days I've set my cams, I have deer within hours of setting it. So I'm kinda like the farmer just doing his rounds
Old 09-07-2012, 07:26 PM
Typical Buck

I have been very skiddish after an incident that happened last year. I was walking down to a draw that i had never scouted or hunted to put up my trail cam up 2 weeks before season started. the wind was in my favor and it was about 1 PM, so i figured i was pretty safe. Well long story short, i jumped to 2 nice bucks bedding together right at the "Y" that i wanted to set the cam at, never seen them 2 again the rest of the season.
Old 09-07-2012, 07:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have thought about that also, but the 1 really good thing about this certain cam is that I can drive my truck to within 5 feet of it now. Last week the farmer cut all the grass and baled it up so now I have permission to drive in those areas. And whats neat about that is alot of times when I do drive in I may kick up a deer in the treelines but I'll just keep going like I don't see anything and they stand there and watch me or slowly trot off. So it makes me think they are use to a little truck traffic. Hopefully from the farmer only though.
Old 09-08-2012, 05:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

1 week and counting. Never wanted an upcoming week to go so fast in my life.
Old 09-08-2012, 06:31 AM
Typical Buck

exactly 2 weeks for me, its almost like my mind and body know lol, i am starting to get the jitters and starting to have trouble sleeping at night. And the pot of coffee i just drank isnt helping, maybe 1 more pot will.

Last edited by sdhunter11; 09-08-2012 at 08:54 AM.
Old 09-08-2012, 09:47 AM
Typical Buck

I've been having the same symptoms here of late. I curbed the edge by doing some more scouting. My brother n law & I walked our property yesterday looking for fresh sign since we've had about 5" of rain fall in the last week. The deer are holding tight to the woodlot. The trails were covered in fresh droppings, the wateringhole is nice & deep again. We found a ton of tracks from our shooters. One of our big deer we've named "Bigfoot" left his trail of muddy hoof prints for us to track his direction & he's holding up on the same ridge that he did last year. Unfortunitly he's as elusive to being in range of our arrow as Sasquatch is to a camera. Later we glassed the crop fields surround the woodlot from the road. The deer were there but again no shooters showed up in the daylight. We won't likely put eyes on him till we're topside in a summit. 22 days & counting till open season.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.