Community
View Poll Results: Doe harvests accepted?
yes
85.71%
no
14.29%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Team Pass Thru - #7

Old 09-12-2012, 02:41 AM
Fork Horn

Jason,
Thanks! That is how I fill my "hobby" time in the summer. Season is just about over as the salmon are starting to run the rivers (I prefer trolling in the lake).

Chad,
That is a BEAST!!! Think I may have to schedule a trip and fly out there!
Around here a 120-140 class buck is huge.
19 more days to the season opener...
Old 09-12-2012, 10:34 AM
Fork Horn

Hi Chad, Great looking bucks you have.
I took mine last year in Guernsey just outside of Cambridge. We have had a 260 acre lease there for 6 years. Land owner wouldn't renew this year. He said he had some guys from Texas that would pay him big money to lease his ground. These oil leases have everything changing. We own 100 acres in Belmont and I hooked up with a farmer in Harrison with 450 acres that just gave us permission. We are also looking at a property for sale in Muskingum that is just over 200 acres. That is a nice piece.
I just hate going into new properties. It takes years to learn and pattern the deer. The lease we lost, I had shot my buck in the same stand 3 years in a row. This year it will be base off of best guess and luck.
Old 09-13-2012, 04:52 AM
Typical Buck

only about 2 more weeks till the opener here been shooting daily and getting really amped up for it, this weekend will be full of walking in the woods and trying to figure out my opening morning ambush
Old 09-13-2012, 08:28 AM
Typical Buck

Well, by talking with some other captains & with Fieldmouse, I'm under the impression that Does will be counted. The value amount is unclear at this point, but 25 points seems to be the average of what captains are voting for.

So with this new point addition being in effect for the season I'm expecting everyone to do their part by harvesting a doe & entering their kill.
Old 09-13-2012, 08:34 AM
Typical Buck

no problem plenty of those ol'slick heads walking around causing problems!
Old 09-13-2012, 08:48 AM
Typical Buck

I'm looking forward to the new doe harvesting rule, if it passes.

I'm also participating in another contest on a different forum & we are allowed to enter every kill we make to add to our team scores. But that is a much smaller contest & because it is, we can afford a different scorecard & a prize. But it's not nearly as active as HNI either. Still super fun though.

Last edited by On_Point; 09-13-2012 at 10:16 AM.
Old 09-13-2012, 02:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think a doe should be counted. Its a kill and there may be some that aren't antler hunters and for some the buck that they want may not show up. Why exclude someone who is out there doing what they love to do and not reward them for a trophy kill?
Old 09-13-2012, 03:05 PM
Fork Horn

Good news about the doe info! I felt like I let my team down last year because all I had within shooting range was 6 pointers last year. I had only one shooter in my area who was nocturnal until the chasing phase when I couldn't get him stopped for a shot. VERY frustrating!
Old 09-13-2012, 04:01 PM
Typical Buck

I was looking over last years score card & only 35 or so entries were made & thats out of around 150 participants. With does counting this year, we should see a rise in participation, but hell, some folks don't even hunt does, they're strictly buck hunters.

So if our entire team makes a conscience effort to put a doe kill on the board, that will be our advantage. And since our team seems to be fairly active hunters with good bucks in the past years, & most everyone hunting big buck states, Im thinking we've got a better than average chance of winning this thing.
Old 09-13-2012, 05:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'll be trying for a doe for sure. There are a few people that want meat that don't hunt. Fill my freezer 1st and then spread the food around.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.