Community

Official Team 9 Thread

Old 09-23-2011, 06:50 AM
Typical Buck

Best of luck to everyone heading out tomorrow.

And a huge Congrats to Lever for giving us 110 7/8 inches for our team!!!!!
Matt

Last edited by Kreagerm; 09-23-2011 at 06:53 AM.
Old 09-23-2011, 03:09 PM
j76
Typical Buck

Good luck this weekend boys!! I'll be checkin the cams and putting up a popup and moving a couple stands around Sunday. Hopefully some good pics. 1 week to go!!!!!
Old 09-24-2011, 06:23 AM
Fork Horn

awesome leverdude!

Good luck to you guys who are already hunting. One week to go here in Virginia.
Old 09-24-2011, 06:36 PM
j76
Typical Buck

Really anxious to get out tomorrow and get every thing set up for next Sat. Nervous tho, for one i dont think i've ever let it get this close without knowing exactly where i'll be set up, and two, i have a ton of work to do out there and the youth rifle season is still going on! I have know idea if anyone is hunting on the adjascent properties and man!!! i'd hate like hell to kick one of my good bucks out of the swamp while i'm out there trompsin around and have him get nailed! I really think the best place to be, at least early in the season, is going to be on the edge of the corn in the popup blind. Problem is once you get out of the corn the grass is about chest high and i have to get back aways to at least half ass conceal the thing. So my thought is to take the weed whacker and cut some shooting lanes. So if i do that, plus relocate a couple stands in the woods, i'm really raisin hell on that 80 acres! hope a week is enough time for everything to settle down, and hope i don't spook ole swampy out of there and right in front of some snot nose little kid settin with his dad!..............j/k, if some kid nails him i'd have to be happy for him and congratulate him....tho it would be with a tear in my eye.
Old 09-25-2011, 02:47 PM
j76
Typical Buck

Blinds are set and got a few more pics, best i can figure i've got a couple 7's a an 8 or 2, a 9 and a 10. heres a few pics

Old 09-25-2011, 05:30 PM
Typical Buck

Very promising bucks I bet you can't wait till next weekend. Glad to hear you got your stands in and ready to go.

I didn't get to go out on Sat. Weather was iffy and I had a few things to do around the house.
Old 09-25-2011, 08:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Checked the camera this weekend and got a couple more nice ones on there.
Season opens saturday and it cant come soon enough! This week of school needs to fly by!
Old 09-25-2011, 09:05 PM
Typical Buck

For the past two weekends rain has been the story. Next Saturday I work then Sunday I have to set things up for my son to hunt during our youth season. Hope to be back at it by 15th of October.
Old 09-26-2011, 02:24 PM
Fork Horn

Hi all,

Good luck to those of you heading out this weekend. nice pictures j, good luck putting one on the ground.

I was out this Saturday & Sunday PM. Long story long Saturday I sat in the "sw" stand (funny enough, nothing to do with southwest) which is the same stand I was in last saturday seeing the 3 bug bucks. This time I saw the wide 10pt I posted pictures of (when he was in velvet) on the opposite end of the field, and an even bigger 10 point - wider, taller, heavier - a bruiser (not the wide 10pt i have in the night pictures, though).

Seeing as twice I saw big bucks in the opposite corner, Sunday I put up a stand in that corner in a tiny little tree. Sure enough an hour before dark and out comes that 10pt - almost what I feared. There he is 30 yards away broadside, but do I shoot right away or see if the bigger guy who was always behind him comes out too?

I figured i would wait a little (greedy, i know) and it sure seemed like the bigger one would follow him (he was looking back into the woods, eating, calm, etc). All of a sudden the 10pt looks straight at me, stares for a few seconds, then bolts 20 yards into the woods. He stares at me for a minute or so, and off he goes. Of course, the bigger one never comes out.

My little brother was sitting in the "sw" stand that I was in the previous two times, and he hit a little 4pt - unfortunately the hit was high and there was very little blood and we weren't able to find him.

All in all nothing on the ground yet, but a pretty crazy first few weeks. I won't be back this weekend, so strategy will have to shift to up on the ridges. Pulled a card and looks like there was at least 1 big guy moving around during light, I'll try and post picts later this week.
Old 09-26-2011, 03:44 PM
j76
Typical Buck

Sounds like things are looking pretty promising for you guys!! Man i can't wait!!!!!
Weather looks rainy and windy all week and then clearing up just in time for the opener! Typically i try to whack the first descent doe i see to get some meat in the freezer and then go for the buck, but this yr i don't know, my have to just sit it out and see if a good one shows. Course, i dont have much will power when it comes to deer hunting, might be harder than it sounds!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.