Community

Team 4 Turkey Fever

Old 04-24-2010, 05:16 PM
j76
Typical Buck

Well 6 striaght days of turkey hunting and i still got nuthin for ya guys!!! Ive came close a few times but just couldnt get things to quite come together. I've got another week of season yet, but will only be able to get out a few more times. I havent given up yet, but things aren't lookin real promising!! Got permission tonite to hunt one more new spot, with turkeys on it, but its a couple hours away and gonna be tough for me to get the time to hunt it, but i'm gonna try! Good luck all!!
Old 04-25-2010, 01:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Keep after them guys. Good luck to all of you.
Old 04-26-2010, 04:55 AM
j76
Typical Buck

Ok I'm puttin together a last ditch effort. Looks like a longshot but its the best i can come up with. Heading out this afternoon to one of my brother-in-laws house about 2 hrs from here. Hes got some land and theres a feild across the road i can get on too.Suppose to be a bunch of birds there but know one knows if there any toms or not, i think there must be so im goin for it. Will get there about 7 pm tonite, talk to land owners and try to pattern them and find a roost. Then ive got just tommarow to go after em. I've worked harder this yr than any other to get a bird, been a real frustrating season. If i cant put it together tomarrow ive only got saturday left to hunt then my season will be over!! So its basically do or die in the am!!! Good luck all!
Old 04-26-2010, 05:17 AM
Fork Horn

Hey guys. Well im back from an exciting weekend. It was youth weekend sat and sun. Went 2 for 2 on hunts both kids we took out got birds. They had alot of fun and enjoyed it. I will have storys and pics for you guys in a little bit. both birds were toms it was very exciting.
Old 04-26-2010, 08:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

RAIN! SCHOOL! WIND! QUIET BIRDS! NO LUCK! I am starting to get aggravated, this week I know I will produce!
Old 04-27-2010, 04:48 PM
j76
Typical Buck

Well my last ditch effort crashed in the ditch!!!!!!!!! First time on this property and it was awsome!!!! Last nite i thought this am was a sure thing! Toms roosted on one side, hens on the other and me in between! How do ya screw that up!!!!!Toms didint come out of the woods until all other birds had passed me by and they could of cared less about a call or a deke. Then just to make matters worse, was ready for a break at about 10:30, so went to head back to the truck and spooked a couple toms that were prob headed right for me!!! If i could get my foot around to kick myself in the butt i wouldnt be sittin right now!!! Rain this weekend and a wife thats had it with turk season, but somehow i gotta get back to this place this weekend, think i know just where to be now.
Old 04-28-2010, 06:10 PM
j76
Typical Buck

Headin back to the new spot fri at 3:30 am!!!! Gonna pack heavy this time and camp out for the day, I WILL get one fri!!!! I dont have a choice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-29-2010, 04:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Looking forward to a good kill report. Good luck on Friday j76.

Ray
Old 04-29-2010, 05:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

I heard stickers are in jrb. How do we get them?
Old 04-30-2010, 05:06 AM
j76
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by RPD63
Looking forward to a good kill report. Good luck on Friday j76.

Ray

ok, change of plans......no one to watch the kids!!! Now its sunday, last day of season and chance of rain!!! But nuthin has changed except the day, He's goin down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.