Community

Team 4 Turkey Fever

Old 04-19-2010, 05:22 PM
j76
Typical Buck

Well opening morning turned out to be pretty exciting! We figured em out perfectly last night and they did exactly what they were supposed to do this morning. Only downside to it was only one of the two gobbles came in!! Hunting with my uncle who comes up from downstate every yr to hunt with me, he always takes good care of me when he's here and gets just 2 days to hunt sooooooo..... I had to let the tom walk and give it to him. He smoked him at 20 yrds, was a very exciting hunt!!! had the hens right in our laps and didint know if we would eaven be able to get a shot off, but they finally moved on and it all came together. Right after he shot we had the other tom gobbling and seemed to be working our way but it just never happened. Then tonite I,m pretty sure someone got him on the prop next door. So Im back to square one!! I still have the one that i posted the trail cam pics of in a diff spot, but was really hoping to save that one for my Dad, who has never shot a turkey. So i dont know what to do! I'm gonna giver hell again tomarrow tho and hopefully make somethin happen! Good luck to all getting ready to head out!!!!!
Old 04-20-2010, 04:45 AM
Fork Horn

Hey guys! Its finally almost here. We finally got some guys in the woods thats exciting. I havnt been on was just gone on a cruise for the last week. All i could think about waqs getting for youth weekend this weekend. Hopeing to get my cousin his first ever turkey.
Old 04-20-2010, 05:10 AM
j76
Typical Buck

Good luck to ya guys Ryan!!! Well this morning was a bust!! They must have caught us coming in this morn while on the roost. Hadnt been to this spot in a couple weeks and wasnt sure what was goin on but i know where they like to roost and thought i went in the right way to not spook em. It got light and we heard distant gobblers but nothing close, did a little light callin and heard at least 3 birds come out of the tree about 100 yrds to the right. They hit the ground, never made a sound and were gone!!! Hoping i havent completely screwed the spot up and in another day or 2 will try it again, but just hunt it in the afternoon, no other way to get back there in the morn. Gonna head back out for a midday hunt here pretty soon to a spot that ive had great luck at in the past yrs but havent seen any sign there this yr. Matbe ill get lucky, who knows!! Either way ill keep at it, i can hunt thru till sat for sure and then i dont know, may have some work downstate i can get in on and if thats the case my season will be over. Dont want to let ya guys down and im gonna keep at it! good luck all.
Old 04-22-2010, 05:32 AM
Fork Horn

Well Guys only a day and a half to go and i can finally be in the turkey woods. Its lloking like the weather will be great for saterday morning. If thebirds keep doing what they have been we should be about 100 yrds off the roost with them flying down then worken there way tords us. There is 2 very nice toms and 2 jakes. They have been gobbling like crazy the last 2 mornings ive got up to listen. My cousins never heard one gobble so it should be pretty exciting. Im pretty excited about it haha. cant wait
Old 04-22-2010, 07:08 AM
j76
Typical Buck

Sounds great Ryan, good luck to ya!!! Still no bird here, but im workin my butt off to get one! Ive got 2 gobblers in one spot and at least one in another so ive still got a chance! Dads comin up tonite and we will be hard after em in the am! My downstate work fell thru o ive will be able to get out at least a few days next week if i have to. Either im gonna kill one of these birds or they're gonna kill me!!!!!
Old 04-23-2010, 05:32 AM
Fork Horn

GO get em! I have a couple days left, then another 5 day in two weeks. Seen some, nothing close yet.
Dandbuck
Old 04-23-2010, 07:35 AM
Fork Horn

I beleieve in you guys. Come on put one down for team turkey fever!
Old 04-23-2010, 02:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck on Saturday Ryan. Sounds like you got them figured out.
Old 04-24-2010, 03:07 PM
Super Moderator

I tryed today, and got skunked, didn't see, or hear any thing.
A lot of sign, but not the right time.
I will try again.
Old 04-24-2010, 03:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Keep at it. It will come together. Good luck
Ray

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.