Community

Team 4 Turkey Fever

Old 06-14-2010, 03:02 PM
Fork Horn

I got mine. Thanks. Looks like most of our team disappeared during the contest much less at the end. One of these days I'll figure out why people join a team, then don't participate. Quitting has never been an option in our family.
Old 06-14-2010, 07:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Got it bud. Thanks.
Old 06-15-2010, 01:59 PM
j76
Typical Buck

Well guess thats it for the stickers!! Still got about a half dozen left! Was a lot of fun competeing with you guys....(all four of you!! ). But from what ive read think our team was one of the exeptions, most had much more participation. Hope this yr didnt leave too bad of a taste in yer mouths and you will all be back next yr!!I love this contest, its a simply little thing that dont cost any money and gives me lots of entertainment!!Eaven with our low finall score and lack of participation it was still a blast!! Anyways, thanks for all of your efforts and for posting up that ya guys got yer stickers!!Best wishes to ya boys for whatever ya got goin this summer and hope to see ya's in the fall!! Cheers!!
Old 06-15-2010, 04:15 PM
Super Moderator

I apologize for my lack of participation, but how can you plan for your Mother to have cancer?
My Mother having cancer has kept me from turkey hunting for 3 springs in a row.
Every time I think she was OK the cancer would come back.
She passed on 6/8/2010.
So my apologies to everyone.

Thank You
jrbsr
Old 06-16-2010, 02:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

No apology needed! Sorry to hear about your mother. Family first!!! Hope to see you here next season.
Ray
Old 06-17-2010, 02:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just because we werent on the forum giving you an update every three hours doesn't mean that people weren't participating. My guess is they went out and tried, and didn't have success. Thats what happened with me. Why post over and over about not having any success?
Old 06-19-2010, 06:21 PM
Fork Horn

Actually not having success is part of hunting, but sharing a story of your hunts is always interesting. At least we know you tried. This year was a tough one for me hunting new land, and the whole year was one heck of a scouting trip. Hunted my butt off for 1 nice bird, but man did I learn a lot. I'm set in Kansas and Iowa, but still need to lock up Nebraska. Getting good land to hunt is really tough, and I'm sure a lot better off for next year. I've got my own team on another board, that ties up a lot of my time, and with having to teach 2 of the grandkids how to Turkey hunt next year, might be strapped too much for time to do this here in 2011. If not, it was fun. Good luck to all for next year.