Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2010-2011 Turkey Contests
Team 10 - Those Flockin Gobblers >

Team 10 - Those Flockin Gobblers

Community

Team 10 - Those Flockin Gobblers

Old 05-02-2011, 04:14 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Mottz
The biggest bearded turkey has been shot. Good bye Osama. Not going to miss you 1 bit
I liked how everyone thought he was living in a cave in the mountains vs actually living in a multi million dollar complex. Good riddance to total scum.
Old 05-02-2011, 05:24 AM
j76
Typical Buck

We always joke about how much our fish, deer , turkey actually ending up costing us a pound, After shells, liscenses, takle, ammo gas, etc. I'd like to hear a guess at how much that dude cost us pr pound!!!!!
Old 05-02-2011, 06:21 AM
DTC
Nontypical Buck

Just to let you guys know that DTC Jr and I are done. We had one heck of a year. I killed 2 super nice birds here in MO and he killed a rio in TX, 2 easterns in MO, and 3 merriams in NE. I think Jr had a great time this spring, he loves to turkey hunt and I love to take him. We get to spend alot of time together, those are memories to last a lifetime.

Good luck to everyone that is still hunting.
Old 05-02-2011, 07:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

These birds have us stumped. Gorgous morning, seen one lonesome hen, heard one bird gobbling...that's it. The birds always seem to hang around this farm and for some reason, they are gone. Will give it a shot in the morning again.

Nice bird IAJaybird.
Old 05-02-2011, 11:19 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by zubba
These birds have us stumped. Gorgous morning, seen one lonesome hen, heard one bird gobbling...that's it. The birds always seem to hang around this farm and for some reason, they are gone. Will give it a shot in the morning again.

Nice bird IAJaybird.
I had the same problem on my Ia private Saturday. I called everywhere early before 7:30, and not a gobble anywhere. I'm stumped. Scouted 2 places around Des Moines, and where I shot one a couple of years ago is flooded on the easier access, but still my best option with a very long walk. I'm down to a few days left to hunt in May or I'm eating a season 4 tag AGAIN in Iowa. I really need a 60+ bird to make my season.
DTC, it was a pleasure having you as a teamate, and you really gave us a shot at this thing. Congrats again on a great season.
Old 05-02-2011, 12:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

I had the same problem on my Ia private Saturday. I called everywhere early before 7:30, and not a gobble anywhere. I'm stumped. Scouted 2 places around Des Moines, and where I shot one a couple of years ago is flooded on the easier access, but still my best option with a very long walk. I'm down to a few days left to hunt in May or I'm eating a season 4 tag AGAIN in Iowa. I really need a 60+ bird to make my season
The part that has me stumped is that in the last two hunts, I've seen 5 hens...& no Toms or Jakes. The valley they roost is miles long and you can typically hear a gobble a looonnng ways, but there has been hardly anything the past few days. Either someone snuck in there within the past few weeks and shot all the gobblers or they are in a 'fall time of year' funk that won't gobble or care about hens. I'm not sure.
Old 05-02-2011, 02:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Awesome season for ya DTC!! And Jr also!! Definately made some memories!

zubba, thats just like around here. I hear them in the trees, but once flydown comes, there is not even a peep. I'm confused on my year also.
Old 05-02-2011, 02:44 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by zubba
The part that has me stumped is that in the last two hunts, I've seen 5 hens...& no Toms or Jakes. The valley they roost is miles long and you can typically hear a gobble a looonnng ways, but there has been hardly anything the past few days. Either someone snuck in there within the past few weeks and shot all the gobblers or they are in a 'fall time of year' funk that won't gobble or care about hens. I'm not sure.
Week before on my private shot a gobbler within 15-20 minutes I started calling. No way did I think he was the only one hanging out of there. Use to be a place for 6-8 Gobblers. I think they've been poached by people without permission. Saw a lot of tire tracks going back there from a class B road, that weren't there last year.
Well I've got next Sunday and Monday to get one down for an upgrade or my season is over. My scouting hasn't gone well. Have no idea where I'm going to go. Kansas is just too far to go for a two day hunt.

Last edited by Iowa Jaybird; 05-03-2011 at 03:44 AM.
Old 05-02-2011, 04:34 PM
Fork Horn

well team i gave it my best effort but season ended for me with tag soup good luck i will stop in and check with the team when i get time ... car is broke and new job so not much time at all for me on comp tc gl and go get um flocking gobblers
Old 05-03-2011, 04:35 AM
j76
Typical Buck

Sorry to hear that Mud, I know you busted yer butt again this yr to get it done! Hope you stick with it cause once you knock that first one down they will come much easier for ya!! And for a guy that don't eaven have a computer you did an awsome job of keeping us in the loop and posting up about your season, for that i thank you. Keep in touch bud, give me a call sometime, i'd love to hear from ya!

Dtc, Thanks for a great season, you were definatley one of our heavy hitters and a very important part of the team. You and Jr had an amazing season, must have been a lot of fun, Congrats to you both!

Eaven tho most seasons are winding down, hope every one will stay with this thing till the end and keep posting up. Man, who is still left hunting??? Mottz, Iowa and Zubba, anyone else???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.