Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2010-2011 Turkey Contests
Team 10 - Those Flockin Gobblers >

Team 10 - Those Flockin Gobblers

Community

Team 10 - Those Flockin Gobblers

Old 05-01-2011, 11:59 AM
j76
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Iowa Jaybird
Got whupped in Kansas, and couldn't find a Gobbler on my Iowa private. I think I killed the only one. I've got around 3 days for Iowa left, so hopefully I can upgrade. Just not sure where to hunt. Will post pics of bird 3 today. Congrats to you guys putting down birds. No matter what happens, we made noise in this contest. Well done.

Make some noise we did!!! Kellyguinn's bird puts us up to 363.5625 It's gonna be close i think! Great job guys!!!!
Kdsberman's last day is today, hope we hear from him tonite.
Old 05-01-2011, 12:50 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by j76
Make some noise we did!!! Kellyguinn's bird puts us up to 363.5625 It's gonna be close i think! Great job guys!!!!
Kdsberman's last day is today, hope we hear from him tonite.
What a difference from last year.
Old 05-01-2011, 01:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

So when can we get to see your hunts on the outdoor channel j? You did better than I ever would have. I can't hold a camera steady if its on a tripod.

AWESOME kelly!! What a nail biter of a season for ya! Glad to see that everything came together before the end.

Great job Iowa! Even if you don't score on the rest of your season, you had one most could wish for. In my book you are the turkey whisperer!

I did finally get one this year but I still want more. But I think that I'm going to approach it a different way. Maybe an afternoon or evening hunt. Doesn't help with starting an addition. Too many things on my plate. But I will make it out every weekend til close. Then I have 3 1/2 months til deer season. But checking cams takes that time to a shorter wait.

We definately made our prescence known here. In chat, views and birds. Still have time to make this a record book year for us
Old 05-01-2011, 03:27 PM
Spike

Thanx You Admin
Old 05-01-2011, 03:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Atta boy Kelly!!! Nice bird & on public makes it that much sweeter. You certainly busted your butt this year and deserve every bit of that bird.

J76, that isn't too bad of footage. I tell you though, your Jakes have some balls. I normally don't hear Jakes strut & gobble that much...and no less breed a hen. The bird that came in is what I call young & dumb. He knew something was up, hence the putting....but he was so horned up he had to keep gobbling. Nice footage regardless.

IAJaybird, it has been weird here in IA. I shot my bird last week on a text book hunt. We hunted the same farm today and didn't hear a single gobble. We seen 4 hens, but not even 1 male bird. I don't know where they went. Glad we aren't the only ones seeing this. Heading back out tomorrow.
Old 05-01-2011, 04:05 PM
j76
Typical Buck

Thanks Zubba, think they have balls because there just don't seem to be many mature toms around, I never did see a mature bird at this spot in the 2 times i hunted it. When i shot mine it was 4 jakes with about 8 hens. Thought it was odd to have a group like that with no toms. But next yr will hopefully be pretty good there, Should be tons of 2 yr olds out there and all those jakes seem to be really big for our area, mine was 17 lbs, and they all look about the same size as that one, the descent toms we have taken in the past few yrs only average a little over 18 lbs.
Old 05-01-2011, 05:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

I forgot to put this in my story. It was a 1st for me. Right at daylight I had 2 deer come right to my decoy. 1 spooked but didn't run off. So those 2 are still right by the decoy and 2 more deer jump the fence and mozy towards the other 2. They looked at each other and all of a sudden all 4 got up on their back legs and started throwing hooves. I thought I was watching the deer version of Michael Jacksons "Bad" video. Then they all stopped and just stared at me. I figured I didn't want them to spook any birds so I threw my arms in the air and they split like there was no tomorrow. That was fun to watch.
Old 05-01-2011, 06:18 PM
Fork Horn

Bird 3 and not an upgrade. I have all the measurements if you need, but being it wasn't an upgrade not sure if it is required.

Old 05-01-2011, 06:23 PM
j76
Typical Buck

Cool Jay, Thanks. Don't need nothing else, I posted the score right after you called me with the numbers
Old 05-01-2011, 07:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

The biggest bearded turkey has been shot. Good bye Osama. Not going to miss you 1 bit

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.