Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2010-2011 Turkey Contests
Team 10 - Those Flockin Gobblers >

Team 10 - Those Flockin Gobblers

Community

Team 10 - Those Flockin Gobblers

Old 05-03-2011, 07:05 PM
j76
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Iowa Jaybird
Is Signman done?

Yes Jay, the first season in Michigan ended May,1, so signman and i beleive Kdsberman are done.
Old 05-03-2011, 07:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by j76
Good luck boys!!! Looks like you 3 are are only hope!
Geeeeeezzzz. No pressure there
Old 05-04-2011, 03:58 AM
j76
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Mottz

Nah Mottz, no pressure, If it ends just like it is now, we should finish easily in the top five i would think. Thats by far my best finish in this thing, and it's been the most fun i've ever had in this thing! So no matter what, it's been a great season and contest!!!
Old 05-04-2011, 12:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck to you guys, as my season is done. It was done before it started thanks to the worst weather I've ever had to deal with during turkey season. Here in mid-Michigan, it rained, and rained, and rained some more. It was a lake everywhere. If it wasnt raining, i was working. If I wasnt working, I was sick. I made it out 3 times. A whopping 3 times. Lol

Anyways, Im looking forward to next year. Good luck to you guys.
Old 05-04-2011, 02:55 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Mottz
There's defintely pressure on me. I always put down birds in the 60's, and can't believe I've got 3 in the 50's. I've got 2 pieces of Public I'm going to have to decide to hunt. The one I've never been able to get them off Private to Public because of that box fence that separates the 2 pieces of land. They can't get thru it, and they won't fly over it, but it has huge birds there. The other piece is much larger, but a bear to walk to, and normally hunted pretty hard, but with the one road flooded, it might not have had as much pressure this year. Wish I would have had time to scout these this year, but I know them both well, so not a huge issue. The crapper on both is mushroom hunters, but will only be an issue on my Sunday hunt, and not Monday. I'm really leaning towards the first piece Sunday, because I found a large washed out area under the fence a couple of years ago with tracks going into the Private. This sits right by one of the major roosts, so I might be able to call one under the fence, being he has access to me. Put a Hen Deke up, and then start a cut war with the Hens on roost to see if I can tick the boss Hen to going to the fence and thru, hopefully bringing one of the big guys.
Old 05-04-2011, 03:20 PM
Super Moderator

Good luck Jay. Hope ya get a chance at one.

DTC get him a monster. Hope ya get a chance to get after them elk.
Old 05-04-2011, 04:14 PM
Super Moderator

Any idea on the other teams scores so far as compared to us? Just kinda curious. I have had alot of fun with it this year and really enjoy the participation that we have had in the thread. Hope to be pulling for all yall next year too.
Old 05-04-2011, 06:17 PM
Fork Horn

JW has been hunting his butt off, and just got home, so maybe he'll have a chance to upgrade the scores soon. He just put down a 24# double bearded bird that sure is going to score well for his team.
Old 05-05-2011, 03:31 AM
j76
Typical Buck

Sounds like ya know what yer doin and have a pretty good plan Jay! Man, mushroom hunters, hunting pressure, floods.....sounds like a lot to compete with!! I never have had to deal with all that!!! You got to be one hell of a turkey hunter to go after em with all that workin against ya! My hats off to ya Jay!!! Go nail em!

Kelly, last time i checked scores we had a team less than 1 pt behind us!! Guys are puttin down birds every day.So a finish at the top is gonna be awful tough but either way we are gonna have a real strong finish i think. But in my opinion, i've met some really cool guys this yr, and had a total blast with this contest and have won the thing anyways!!! Thanks Guys!!
Old 05-05-2011, 06:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Just checking in. Still trying to get my buddy a bird & will give it a shot again this weekend. I called a landowner that I hunted a couple years ago and took 2 nice gobblers and he gave me permission. Last year I lost it because he leased it to a farmer and the farmer hunted, but that wasn't the case this year. This place holds good birds...so I might even get a crack at another one after my buddy fills his tag. Will keep you posted. Good Luck IAJay.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.