Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team Death From Above Thread (4) >

Official Team Death From Above Thread (4)

Community
2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team Death From Above Thread (4)

Old 11-09-2009, 03:45 AM
Fork Horn

Nice buck wis, I was out over the week end and deer was moving . Saturday morning got in my stand little late, the sun was just starting to come up. about 10 mins later i look to left and i seen big body deer coming down the path i took to my stand. After he got past the corner i seen the rack. Big 12 pointer about 150 to 160 class . He cut into the timber and was going down the hill side walking fast with nose down to the ground.
He finally stop at 45 yards down at the creek, i raise up and put the 40 yard pin just above him and let the arrow fly. it went over his back about an inch.He jump the creek and ran up the hill and stop, and start walk again like nothing happen.

Seen couple does later in the day but thats about it. Sunday went to same stand and had 3 does come in and a little 4 point came in and start chase the does right under my stand. That night only seen 3 does with a little 6 pointer
Old 11-09-2009, 09:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

keep at it guys!! good luck!!

still trying to get to Ohio to deer hunt...found 2 wildlife areas and a state park within an hour...about 10,000 acres or so of public land for me to roam...just need financial matters to work out and im there!

dont think i posted this..figured id share it with ya'll...

my skull and plaque i made for it...first time at doing either...
Old 11-10-2009, 02:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

Great looking mount mauser. Im getting a euro mount done with the 10 I shot over the weekend. He would make a beautiful shoulder mount but funds are a little tight and this would be the next best thing. Im glad my luck turned around and all the hard work I did throughout the season finally paid off. It was looking a little glim and was ready to hang it up for the year then he showed up. Im glad I stuck with it. Now to get a nice slick head.
Old 11-11-2009, 04:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

This last week has been disappointing. we've been seeing bucks, just nothing we want to shoot. Hopefully this next week results will be a lot better. We didn't get out this morning, but we will be goibg out in the afternoon. Good luck to the rest of ya still trying to nail that big buck!!!!!
Old 11-17-2009, 04:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

Doesnt look like our team is doing so hot this year.....hmmm. Must be no deer everywhere not just in Wi. lol...anyway this is the last week Ill be bow hunting. Im still looking to fill my doe tag(s) and not having any luck at all. All im seeing is a buck once in a while. Not sure where the deer are. I might hunt over the cornfields tonight and just see if a hungry doe comes wondering through but its not looking too promising. My neighbor has a bunch of cameras out and all the pics are taken between 10pm and 2am.....why are the deer so noctournal all of a sudden....
Old 11-17-2009, 04:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey wis! Just curious if you are going to get your score up soon? We've seen some real nice bucks this past week just haven't been able to get them in close enough.
Old 11-17-2009, 11:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hunted all last week and seen prolly 20 - 25 different bucks. Only small ones in range. Sat. morning I missed a 140-145 8pt at 35 yds. He came in behiind me and once I got to full draw and was getting ready to settle the pin, BOOM, he caught wind of me and looked straight up at me. I could tell he was on the verge of bolting, but I hit my release and got to watch my arrow fly right over his back due to him dropping 2ft at the sound of my release. BUMMER!!! I'm still hittin it hard and there is plenty of time to get on a good one. Last year I tagged my largest bow kill on Nov. 21st so I'm not out of the loop yet. A big 5 1/2 yr old cruising for those last minute does...
Old 12-07-2009, 06:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

wow what happened to the team?? anyone still bowhunting???
Old 12-09-2009, 12:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

I might get out again this weekend after this weather passes and now that gun season is almost 1 week gone.
Old 12-14-2009, 10:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Was out last night and had a doe and a very small 1 1/2 old 8pt come in. He'll be a stud in 3-4 yrs... LOL All of his points looked to be an inch long.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.