Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team Death From Above Thread (4) >

Official Team Death From Above Thread (4)

Community
2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team Death From Above Thread (4)

Old 11-03-2009, 02:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

You other Ohio boys been able to get out much lately? Tomorrow should be pretty good. My son and I will be going back out to our honey hole. It will probably be in the mid 20's with hardly any winds. It will be mostly cloudy with rain coming in around noon. Get out there and get one down!!!!!
Old 11-05-2009, 07:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Last night was unbelievable!!!! Got to watch an OMG buck, probably pushing mid 170's locked down with a doe. 3 other smaller bucks came in and he chased them away. I got to watch him for about an hour. Made 4 scrapes and wouldn't come any closer than 50yds with no shot through the trees. I threw everything I had at him, but he wouldn't budge. It was tuff sleeping last night...... I'll be back at it this evening in the same stand. Hopefully he has breed her and will be back in to check his scrapes.
Old 11-05-2009, 09:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds awesome buckeye. Good luck with him!!!!! Listen to this story. I went out this morning and got settled into the stand around 5:40. It started with a light rain about 5:45. It increased a little in intensity and finally quit about 6:15. I heard what I thought was a deer walking to the right of my stand about that same time. It was still fairly dark and it was like 10-15 minutes away from shooting light. I thought I would give a little bleat on the can and see if I could hear anything coming my way. As soon as I did that this huge buckjumps up that was about 18 yards in front of me. He scared the crap out of me. I didn't realize he was even there. The ground was soft and with that light rain he must have snuck in and bedded down without me even knowing he came in. I told my son had I known he could have had himself a huge one there. Well, we will be back at again soon. Good Luck TO All!!!!!
Old 11-06-2009, 04:50 AM
Typical Buck

My buddy BTBowhunter(outfitter with Tall Tines) told me two of his hunters moved in on the stand I hunted last Sat.(Saw several real good bucks in it).

They killed two good ones from the stand this week. None were what I saw there. Guy #3 hit one but lost it and Guy #4 passed up a good one the last afternoon in camp.

Nice guys that had a great week in camp.

I plan to return on Sat but not sure where to hunt. That stand may well be burnt out for a while.

I plan to hunt Sat and Sunday afternoons. Bucks are chasing now, saw another this AM on way to work.

Good luck all-
Old 11-06-2009, 06:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Had a good morning. We saw 9 this morning. Most we've seen since the full moon garbage. Two 1 1/2 year old bucks, one mature doe, and 6 fawns. Really looking forweard to this next week and a half. Good luck everyone!!!!!
Old 11-06-2009, 02:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

good luck guys!! keep on em hard!! anything can happen from here on out!!

im bored as can be..been squirrel hunting and scouting for next year...filled my fall turkey tag opening day...

if i can get a few things to go right pretty quick, i might buy my ohio license and jump the border and see if i can luck into an ohio buck! if i cant get it in the next week or so, i likely wont..im going to be limited to public land that ive never scouted..so just hoping to get lucky and find a decent spot and score while they are dumb....

any of you ohio guys happen to be close to the PA border?? i know Lisbon, Columbiana etc are within driving distance...dont know if any of ya'll may be close....maybe we could hook up if all goes right and i end up coming over to hunt...

still up in the air but if i can make it happen im going to...
Old 11-07-2009, 02:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey guys, it looks like wisconsin bow hunter put down a 10 point. Can't wait to see what he scores. Three down and seven more to go. Let's getem guys!!!!!
Old 11-07-2009, 04:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

Havent scored him yet but here he is...long winded story posted in the bow hunting forums lol...
Attached Thumbnails Official Team Death From Above Thread (4)-10pointer-2009x.jpg   Official Team Death From Above Thread (4)-2009-10-point-bow-buck.jpg   Official Team Death From Above Thread (4)-2009-10-point-bow-buck-2.jpg   Official Team Death From Above Thread (4)-10pointer3x.jpg  

Last edited by wis_bow_huntr; 11-07-2009 at 04:07 PM.
Old 11-07-2009, 09:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

congrats wis!!! awesome!! very nice buck! love the character!!

7 to go!! keep on em guys!! give em heck!! i dont know about everywhere else, but they are starting to move pretty well here in PA....almost got me a nice 8pt tonite...with the RANGER! dang thing was on the side of the road..i started slowing and hit him with the highbeams and told myself he aint gunna walk into my lane..drifted over a little just to be safe..he was off the road a little ways...sure enough as i got closer he SLOWLY walked right into my lane..luckily it was a straight road and noone was coming or i would had to nail him...also seen a REAL big lookin buck cross the road, and a spike and a bunch of unknown and does...

took first at the coon hunt competition tonite...wish i knew about the area i was hunting in the past 4 years while i was at college...i was 15-20 mins away from the college i went to tonite...the past 3 times i been to that club to hunt ive seen a ton of deer and a good number of nice bucks....just never traveled that direction to stumble into the area...
Old 11-08-2009, 08:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

they are running great in my neck of the woods got the next week off and i will be hitting it hard i will give the results when probably next weekend lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.