Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team Death From Above Thread (4) >

Official Team Death From Above Thread (4)

Community
2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team Death From Above Thread (4)

Old 10-30-2009, 08:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

I was out this morning and we seen a 5 point,a 2 year old but couldn't see how many points he had, and a fawn. I think the last few days have been slower due to the warmer weather.Looks like rain tomorrow with a cold front coming in after the rain. Looks like Sunday morning should be pretty good. We will be hitting our honey hole for the first time Sunday morning. Should be a great hunt.
Old 10-31-2009, 07:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Does anyone know how our scores get put up on the score card. It would be nice to at least see our scores and total posted on the card.
Old 11-01-2009, 04:07 AM
Typical Buck

Spent sat evening hunting with Bob Temple of Tall Tine Outfitters. He runs a camp for Tall Tine in Brown County near Siloam Springs State Park.

Bob and I go back about 5 years when we were first on the same team here at this contest. He invites me over regularly to hunt his big lease. Nice guy who runs a good camp.

I sat in a new place they call the basin and had a great hunt. I had 4 different bucks inside of 35-40 yards and it was great to see their scraping/sparing behavior.

First deer was a doe about 4:30. She had two bucks on her tail. First buck was a 2 year old, 8 point 120 class. Second was a 3 year old, 9 point, 130 class. They had a bit of a disagreement and the two year old hung back at 75 yards while the 3 courted the doe.

The doe meandered down to the flat in front of me at 15 yards. The 3 fed down to a flat at 25 yards but offered no shot as he was quartering to me. The wind was swirling and the doe eventually got some wind and stomped. She walked away stiff legged and the buck turned and moved to about 40. They were alert but not spooked so he worked a scrape and moved on around the hill. He was now severely quartering away so no shot.

The 2 walked around for 20 minutes and was quite entertaining. He worked the scrape hard and hung around as if he expected the doe to come back for his services. Instead an 8 point yearling came along and engaged in some head banging and sparring. They got after it for a while. Eventually the two bucks followed the doe and 3 year old around the hill and out of sight.

Now it is almost 5. A 4 year old 9 point came down the same path and headed to the scrape. He had a big body but lousy rack. Short, massive beams and stubby points. Still, probably a 130 class buck. He was inside 35 yards and broadside for a while but had brush in the way. He followed the others around the hill and out of sight.

The yearling came back a bit later and it seemed he was looking for a fight. He worked the scrape and licking branch as if to say he was the biggest baddest buck around. Quite comical.

Bob has 4 guys starting a week-long hunt. Two saw 150 class bucks today. Hopefully they each score a big one.

This was the best hunt I've had in a long time.

May hunt Pike this evening at my brother's place.

Good luck all!
Good luck to all.

Last edited by LLBUX; 11-01-2009 at 04:09 AM.
Old 11-01-2009, 06:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

MOTF, Rob has to update the score card...hes likely busy and hasnt gotten to updating it yet....dont worry, he will. doesn't make much difference till the contest is over...were over the 200" mark with 2 bucks...over these next few weeks the contest gets interesting as most of the bucks are taken then...
Old 11-01-2009, 06:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ok, thanks mauser. Went out this morning and we saw a big doe, 3 button bucks, and a doe fawn. Nothing we were going to shoot this morning. We won't be able to get out this evening but we will be back out tomorrow morning. We will be alternating spots these next 2 and 1/2 weeks. Good luck to the rest of you guys. the time is here to lay the smack down on some nice ones for team Death From Above!!!!!
Old 11-01-2009, 03:22 PM
Fork Horn

sall 3 does today nuthign more...
Old 11-01-2009, 04:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Getting ready to rock and roll in the morning again then hit it in the afternoon also.
Old 11-02-2009, 05:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

I was out this morning and seen a 3 point. My son seen a small buck, a doe, and 2 others he wasn't sure what they were.
Old 11-03-2009, 03:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

Sat out the last couple nites and didnt see squat....this is getting really depressing. I sat a new stand last night im gonna sit it again tonight since i put out a little corn. maybe they would have found it by now. not sure what the deal is with the deer in wisconsin but ive talked to a bunch of locals and they arent seeing any rutting activity and hardley seeing any deer at all other than the ones on the sides of the roads. I hope the dnr get their ears full and to think they want to extend the gun season an extra week starting next year. I hope it gets shoved right up their arses.
Old 11-03-2009, 05:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Seen a few more this morning than we have been seeing. A decent buck came into the one scrape close to my stand but he did it about 10 minutes before shooting light and he didn't hang around long enough. Saw a smaller buck down behind me and we seen 5 doe's.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.