Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team Death From Above Thread (4) >

Official Team Death From Above Thread (4)

Community
2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team Death From Above Thread (4)

Old 10-09-2009, 02:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Saturday morning is looking pretty good. A hard rain all day Friday and most of the night. Then the rain is suppose to quit around 4am. I will definitely be on stand in the AM Saturday morning. I will also probably be out Saturday, Sunday, and Monday evenings.
Old 10-09-2009, 04:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

A couple weeks ago my father and I picked up a new farm to hunt. It's 140 acres and hasn't been hunted in a couple years. Since all of my cameras were already out, I went and picked up a $50 Wild Game Innovations camera at Wally world. Had a couple decent bucks show up recently, but FINALLY had big boy show his beautiful face.

Side view from Dad's Cuddeback

Last edited by buckeyehntr5; 10-09-2009 at 04:30 AM.
Old 10-09-2009, 04:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Looks pretty awesome! So, where do you hunt in Ohio buckeyehntr5? I hunt here in Tuscarawas county on private land.
Old 10-09-2009, 06:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

dannnnng buckeye!! thats a heck of a buck!!! good luck with him!!!

im with MOTF...tomorrow morning looks good...we'll see what comes up...i got alot going on that can turn into nothing at the drop of a hat...dont think i'll be out saturday evening...got a coon hunting competetion im pretty sure im going to take my buddies pup to...we need a first place win on her ASAP so we can start hunting the next class...
Old 10-09-2009, 07:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Mostly hunt in Guernsey and Muskingum counties. We do have two farms that we hunt up in Tusky county also. Off of the Stone Creek exit. All of the farms are privately owned by farmers except for our 2000acre lease in Muskingum county.
Old 10-09-2009, 05:24 PM
Typical Buck

Went out tonight for first time this year. It was a little slow but still saw 5 does and 2 bucks. One of them was real good. All just too far away. Back out Sat-Monday afternoons.
Good luck all-
Old 10-09-2009, 06:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Can't wait to get out Satuday morning. I am pumped. Maybe we can meet sometime buckeye and exchange some hunts. My son also hunts. Do you ever film? We have tried starting to film and have had moderate success. Didn't realize how difficult it would be. Let me know about hooking up. I have vacation time this year from Oct 21 to Nov 20th. Gotta love it.
Old 10-10-2009, 05:08 AM
Fork Horn

Hey guys sorry I haven't been posting on here much I have been swamped with work and with the economy the way it is i have to work all I can this year. I have been checking in just not posting much as I don't have anything on the hunting front to report like I said earlier I got the one doe on the ground a couple of weeks ago and now tonight i leave for antelope hunting. I will be out there for 7 days i have never hunted antelope before so I am excited. When i get back I have tons of work to do but hope to hit the woods hard for the ten I am chasing this year the first two weeks of november. Good luck to all and I hope to post some pics of the antelope trip when I get back as well as that doe I promised.
Old 10-10-2009, 08:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

hunted the same spot i hunted the other day again...its my ole faithful spot and every year past it atleast has a couple bucks in it..usually a decent one or 2 for my area...and typically 1 or 2 bigguns for my area...conditions were right...i had to go back.

snuck in perfect...light rain..nice and cool...i felt confident...

till about 10am when i seen a couple pink pieces of flagging tape hanging...i got down at 11 and figured id better follow the trail...

yep, right to a stand...and the stand has a beat down foot path leading to it...that hunter is hunting it REAL regular to beat the brush down like that within a week...

that explains why i havent seen a living thing in 2 sits there...

sad thing is walking out on the edge of the bean field, i found a brand new scrape just started last night and some of the bigger buck tracks i have honestly ever seen..

gotta relocate i guess...found a promising looking area last night coon hunting...old logging road with very fresh rubs starting on it in a nice bottom...corn fields on both ends of the logging road...corn fields in the bottom are pretty dang isolated and i seen a good bit of deer down there last season when there was only corn on the far side of the creek and not much of it..now theres corn on both sides..plus corn on the tops side of the logging road...thickets on both ends of the logging road...and a few known bigguns roaming that block...thats my next setup...but might take me a little while to figure the deer out...i know they walk that logging road hard..so im thinking of starting out on it near the new cornfield in the bottom so i can see the woods and trail well, plus observe the corn and see if anything is down in the bottom...

pretty bummed and frustrated about my ole faithful spot...but thats huntin around here....
Old 10-10-2009, 04:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well guys, I had my first close call. This morning I saw 7 does. One walked underneath me but it was just a fawn so I let it walk. I also saw a pretty cool looking piebald doe. If she walks past me she is definitely going down and I will get a full body mount. I also saws about 20 turkeys. This evening is when the action got going. A little before 6, 5 does popped out of the woods. Then 2 came up behind me. I thought they were coming right below me but the one doe crossed over and she seen me get my bow up. She gave off 3 light blows and they left. Then 3 more fawns crossed from my left. I also seen 5 or 6 other does. Finally, the good part. I looked over to my right cause I heard some crunching. I saw what looked to be a huge 12 point about 35 yards away but I didn't have a shot. I'm guessinghe was no less than than 160 but probably bigger. I have not seen this deer on any of my cameras. I was definitely pumped when I seen him. He also brought 3 of his buddies along with him. A nice solid 120 class 8, (which I seen last week) and 2, 1 1/2 yr olds. They all walked the samepath and never gave me a shot. This definitely has me excited!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.